Miguel Preguisa

Pronouncing Ylands

So simple question. How do you pronounce Ylands?

So I find one video about pronouncing Ylands, but I´m still not sure. I think there it is pronounced as "Islands".

There is second way to pronounce it. As "-Y-Lands". I maybe like more this variant, but it sounds like "violence". :D

Which of them is right?

Edited by Michal Mynář

What Mr. Berzeger said - although If I got one CZK every time someone mispronounced it (even guys from the dev team *cough*) I would now be the proud owner of at least... 175 bread rolls! 

So your confusion is understandable :D .

• Upvote 1

What Mr. Berzeger said - although If I got one CZK every time someone mispronounced it (even guys from the dev team *cough*) I would now be the proud owner of at least... 175 bread rolls! 

So your confusion is understandable :D 

Given that yland, just like iland, is merely an old, and now obsolete form of saying island why not name the game just Islands?

I'm only asking :)

Well, the reason is quite simple, really :)  Our ylands are no ordinary islands - they came into existence because of Ylandium - a unique element that powers some of the elaborate machines and will play a big role in the things to come.

If ordinary ilands were the ending of "Dexter" , then ylands would be all the awesome minutes of "Firefly" combined.
Where ilands are Jar-Jar Binks, ylands are Han Solo.
If you asked ilands about the meaning of life they wouldn't have a clue ...while ylands would write you a haiku ending with 42.

So the question here, I believe, is more like this: would you really want to play a game about ilands, when you can play one about ylands? ;)

Edited by Aleš Ulm
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

Well, the reason is quite simple, really :)  Our ylands are no ordinary islands - they came into existence because of Ylandium - a unique element that powers some of the elaborate machines and will play a big role in the things to come.

If ordinary ilands were the ending of "Dexter" , then ylands would be all the awsome minutes of "Firefly" combined.
Where ilands are Jar-Jar Binks, ylands are Han Solo.
If you asked ilands about the meaning of life they wouldn't have a clue ...while ylands would write you a haiku ending with 42.

So the question here, I believe, is more like this: would you really want to play a game about ilands, when you can play one about ylands? ;)

Fair enough :)

• Upvote 2