Hurricane43

Hurricane43 Suggestions

Question

Hello All, 

Just wanted to create a suggestion/feedback thread to give some suggestions and also brainstorm some of my thoughts.. Will keep adding to the list as I continue playing and at this point I am fairly new to the game...

Must say this is one of the best games I have played in a very long time, this is way ahead of any EA game in my mind, tons and tons to do and see...

Simply love these little point of interests, really would like to see more of them scattered around, nice little neat setups, and puzzles.

Npcs building on the islands also along side my YlandsCane. Perhaps another one or two npcs found the same island as me. We could be friends or foes, maybe be tries to rob my belongings or I try to do the same...

A game economy of sorts, maybe selling items to npcs on random islands, hey a ylands has to make a living also, maybe I can purchase items from him/her also. Could have some sort of coins to be found in world for money to use on things. 

Perhaps some animals fight each other at some point.

Make my own blacktop/ road with gravel, etc...

Show the remaining weapon health with small bar under the weapon/item.

How about Crabs can bite you and jellyfish in the water can sting you, but of course small damage and perhaps a net to catch fish, etc.

Some wooden, stone walls that are like the floor walls... 

Shutters for Windows, glass windows, sliding glass doors... buckets to pick up water to make myself a pond and or lake.

Backpack, I see a slot for it, but not sure how to make it. Perhaps a basket to carry around and get more items....

Edit: Okay sitting by the pool with family ?, how about crafting a jet ski?,

Also a handheld metal detector to locate treasure, diamonds, etc under the dirt. So you can walk around your island and use the metal detector and then try and find things unserground...

Snorkeling gear....

Crab cage for fishing....

Refrigerator 

Edit 2

Suggesting stone and stone chunks to be able to stack to at least 50, believe 20 is too low...

Would like to see most stacks to 100, I love collecting and inventory space goes fast with all the amazing items you have 

Helmet with a bright light 

More to come....

Edited by Hurricane43
  • Upvote 1

8 replies to this bug / suggestion

So to update after playing over 25 plus hours so far, and not even starting on a ship yet because gathering is a lot of fun and building a home and farming is just too much fun....?

I think for myself one of the issues is the inventory in the amount if stone and other items only stacking to 20. As I gather my many resources I am always using up space quickly with the amount of space some items stack. So for instance I love how iron,etc is stacked to 100, seems like a good amount to stack....

Also maybe haven't found out yet, I see there are letters etc in game but haven't tried yet, but need some labeling for chests, baskets etc. So for example if I have a chest of ingot etc I would like to place above the chest or on the chest "iron ingots" and same for food in a container, etc. Would love a fridge to craft also...

So hopefully stacking and labeling is on the list to do? 

Great Suggestions

The only thing i can say that is already ingame is the snorkeling gear, is not really the snorkeling gear but it's a diving gear with a breathing mask and the suit. Don't know if that is what you were looking for

• Upvote 1

Thanks so much Chivas appreciate the response. Can't wait to find me that scuba gear ?....

On 04/07/2017 at 3:51 PM, Hurricane43 said:

Helmet with a bright light 

An item like this is already in game my friend, the Mining Helmet!

Its a craftable that requires a small amount of investment into energy which pays off big time!

Miners Helmet.png

Edited by SamMonahan
  • Upvote 1

Thanks Sam, appreciate it much.. Will have to craft that, not sure why it isn't showing up in crafting menus... 

• Upvote 1

9 minutes ago, Hurricane43 said:

Thanks Sam, appreciate it much.. Will have to craft that, not sure why it isn't showing up in crafting menus...

No worries mate! In order to get it to show you first need to craft the torch! This is done in the energy bench too :)

• Upvote 1

So after more time with the game i will list in order some suggested things.... 

1) All stations to be able to be rearranged by clicking on the item instead of hitting it and destroying it... This will help the player to easily rearrange there home and rearrange items. 

2) Stacking at a higher count for more inventory space. Stone/stone chuncks, etc only stack to 20, along with many other important items. I would like to see at least 50 to stack these items to start with... As inventory space is always filled up quickly. Maybe add a backpack of sorts for the items to stack higher. This does get frustrating with having to always empty my inventory while gathering items. So more balance is needed and think that most items should stack higher. 

3) Labels for chests etc. I want to easily label my food, ingots, stone/stone chuncks, first aide, etc. I would like to either have a chest that is already labeled or be able to easily label a chest so that i can my items in a more conventional way. As of know i can label a chest by putting letters on the front of the chest ( see photo) however you interact with the letters when trying to open the chest. 

4) A tool to remove stone blocks, and other forms of walls etc for rearranging rooms etc, when a stone block etc has settled after 2 minutes. 

5) A description for each item when we scroll over it. As of now i have some sort of potion, weapon, or other item and there is no description as to what this item is utilized for. So a small description of what you are looking at when you click on a specific item. 

Ylands_4x_170709_122645.png

• Upvote 1

When wearing the helmet with light perhaps a way to turn it on/off with a keyboard selection.