Silwercastle

V2.0 Beach house

Was not happy with previous version. Interior and some outside still need to be done. Flowers and other décor will be last.

20180114140653_1.jpg

• Like 3

3 hours ago, Velocifer said:

Now it looks like mansion, with bushes and it will looks beautiful.

Thanks, i just ripped out the "flat's" interior floors and all , re-doing all the rooms. Had a suggestion on Ylands - reddit to colour the building lime and cyan. 

1 minute ago, Silwercastle said:

Had a suggestion on Ylands - reddit to colour the building lime and cyan.

yeah thats good suggestion, that color will make your house less scary/horror.. :D

I'm not active in reddit (my country blocks it for some reason). So I will watch your progress from here.. ;)

Just now, Velocifer said:

yeah thats good suggestion, that color will make your house less scary/horror.. :D

Yes, it hurt my eyes as well. Will post next time when it is done. :D

On 1/15/2018 at 2:26 PM, Velocifer said:

Ok, need advice on colour. My roof would it be best red (as on left roof) or copper (as in the middle) ?

The copper is very yellow with full light , but almost brown during rain weather. It change colour as the day pass.

20180119102209_1.jpg

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

40 minutes ago, Silwercastle said:

Ok, need advice on colour. My roof would it be best red (as on left roof) or copper (as in the middle) ?

Hemmh, what color your walls is? Is it Green-ish? From your colors, I choose red. But I think the roof will looks better with grey-ish blue like this for example #3C4051, copy-paste it to color palette.

Good progress btw, 1 step further :D

Edited by Velocifer

25 minutes ago, Velocifer said:

Hemmh, what color your walls is? Is it Green-ish? From your colors, I choose red. But I think the roof will looks better with grey-ish blue like this for example #3C4051, copy-paste it to color palette.

Good progress btw, 1 step further :D

Thanks i will have a look.

2 hours ago, Velocifer said:

#3C4051,

Tested and i do not know if it is because it is on wood ,but the colour that comes out is just a bit darker than the blue you see displayed in my image. If it is done on stone it is much darker. The blue parts i have now is going to be made a lot lighter. With a blue roof as well the blue is just to much for me, unfortunately i tried doing the current blue parts as now white first but the white at times does not colour the blocks. 

38 minutes ago, Silwercastle said:

Tested and i do not know if it is because it is on wood ,but the colour that comes out is just a bit darker than the blue you see displayed in my image. If it is done on stone it is much darker. The blue parts i have now is going to be made a lot lighter. With a blue roof as well the blue is just to much for me, unfortunately i tried doing the current blue parts as now white first but the white at times does not colour the blocks. 

yeah well thats the base color I suggested, but with item texture/shade color, the result will be different. That's the most concern for me, the shade/texture color is ruining the color we paint on it.

You need to adjust the color manually to solve that problem.

47 minutes ago, Velocifer said:

yeah well thats the base color I suggested, but with item texture/shade color, the result will be different. That's the most concern for me, the shade/texture color is ruining the color we paint on it.

You need to adjust the color manually to solve that problem.

Yes, i will play around with it a bit. That is about how i got the other colours. It  feels like i need a  3rd colour to add to the mix. 

1 hour ago, Silwercastle said:

@Ane Any colour suggestions you could add. Ladies tend to have better colour know how. :P

Black, like my soul :P

• Haha 2
  • Upvote 1

Just now, Ane said:

Black, like my soul :P

Gesss.. Mine is pink, yours is black? Oh dudette.. xD

5 minutes ago, Velocifer said:

Gesss.. Mine is pink, yours is black? Oh dudette.. xD

Well looking at my little hut i would guess mine be green. O.o

bahaha.. xD I'm just kidding. Btw you can ask uncle oogle too if you aim for realistic house color. Here example

I sold my  soul last year ......  used the  proceeds to purchase this game:P

These are sure  some very nice creations  here!   Mine are so  functional but  bland,  and  these efforts  have moved me to be more creative and artistic  in my  new place    after the 0.7 update ...after  all i  don't  want  to welcome the  NPC's   to visit my  solid block  chunky bunkers!B|

• Haha 2

Nice lighting you have there! I love how you use that fern at front door, simply well done dude.

I don't know how, but it feels like japanese or chinese vibe there, with those walls surrounding your house.

Edited by Velocifer
  • Thanks 1

42 minutes ago, Velocifer said:

Nice lighting you have there! I love how you use that fern at front door, simply well done dude.

I don't know how, but it feels like japanese or chinese vibe there, with those walls surrounding your house.

Thanks, planting in these pots is really a bit of a mess. Well it might as well be a bit of colonial dwelling, don't really know. We are going to really have lots of fun building in this game. :D