Felixanator

Help with Energy

8 hours ago, kimbuck said:

Maffs...  adding   wun   plus  wun and getting   something  more  ..   it was probably  called  something  else...     these  days   they  have to  have   simpler names   so the   young uns    unnerstand ¬¬

We used to do skipping  in my days ..now its  called " jump rope" ...:P

We call it arithmetic or math. Making it plural just sounds weird to an American ear, though it is probably more accurate. 

Boolean  might not be  the correct  term,... after all we do lose  grey matter with age..:P  and sometimes  life is   just plain confusing  when standing outside the bathroom doo,r  pondering... " have i been or  do i need to go? ":o

But i am thinking along the terms of  electronics, and   IC  chips ...  

"And"   gates ...require  both inputs to receive a signal to  produce an  output .. they  can  combine inputs of  energy but if one input  stops/fails ,  the  output  stops

"Nand"  gates  ( negative and)  require both  inputs  active to  turn off the output

" Or"  gates  require an signal at  either input  (  or   both ) to produce an output  They can  combine  signals , as in Ylands energy  cases..... they can  channel   energy from different  generators   into a single  energy stream to power  multiple  devices

" nor"  ( negative   or  gates)  require a signal  at  either  or both  inputs   to  turn off the  output.

There are other  ones  too, but  to  bring them into this  discussion simply  adds   complexity and useless information    ..which  I  can excel in :P

This  comes from living  with someone  who builds electronic  controllers  for a model  railroad and leaves  burn marks  on the  carpet and   kitchen table  from  dropped  hot  soldering  irons!:/

But he is a handyman ... he's  handy when you  need him:D    ( will not  elaborate  any further....)

Boolean was the correct term :)

One gate which you didn’t want to mention was XOR - it’s a bit like the OR gate, except that only one input can be on - if both inputs are on the output will be off.

This is useful for two-way switching... if each switch is fed into the XOR gate, and it’s output sent to a light then either switch can turn the light on/off.

• Like 1

:D As i said,  there were more but i  didnt  consider   discussing them as they   are beyond  my   daily  usage  requirements! ...  hubby spouts off  a lot of  terms   ...  inverters,  comparators ,  timers  etc  etc  etc ...i just  pour the coffee,  nod  and  nom nom nom on a donut!:/    

All electrical  components  contain smoke ...if  you let the  smoke  escape,  they stop working!:D

• Haha 1