Cinghri

Suggestion: Item-grouping?

Question

I am making myself a living-place up in some high trees. Result is starting to look agreeable (to me at least), but I'm running into an issue: it happens quite regularly when picking things up from the floor that I pull out a piece of my floor instead, and I can imagine this kind of thing happening on other occasions too (want to move a painting so picking it off the wall? Nope, ending up with a piece out of the wall - for instance).

There are these drawingprograms (like for instance in several office-programs) where you can make individual items, put them where you want them, and then you can 'group them into one' - after which you can't pull out individual parts by accident anymore, you have to ungroup again first to be able to get to the individual parts.

I have no idea how this would translate into this game, maybe it's a completely wild idea... but would something along these lines perhaps be possible for the larger things made up of parts which we can make in Ylands too? I can imagine that making life a bit easier, it's not always easy to fit back in what accidentally gets pulled out. :) 

(Screenshot of what I'm working with in case that's useful as illustration of what I'm running into) (hoping by the way that the tree-canopees will keep me from getting wet soon!)

Ylands_170705_034305.png

3 replies to this bug / suggestion

Thanks for the suggestion! :) Normally when you're placing building blocks, they "harden" after a short while and can't be picked up after that. Doesn't waiting for a bit for them to harden before interacting with objects over them help to (at least partially) resolve  your issue?

• Upvote 1

Yeah same issue I was having in the beginning, gotta wait 2 minutes till they harden... Would like to see a tool to easily remove blocks after they harden...

On ‎06‎/‎07‎/‎2017 at 1:38 PM, Hurricane43 said:

Would like to see a tool to easily remove blocks after they harden...

@Aleš Ulm Cannot stress how nice this would be! Ive actually had to spawn myself the annihilator because of how long it takes to delete blocks in "survival" mode. A sledgehammer that destroyed blocks and items quickly is my idea for the tool :P

• Upvote 1