Question

Hello!

I've been working on setting up a server for public and friends. Which works fine (port forwarded and all)..
But the problem is that when I launch the Server Monitor I can no longer launch the game on the same computer. I also tried nosingleinstance as a target parameter, but that changed nothing.

Is there any known work-around?

-EDIT; I assume it has something to do of the fact that the sever monitor is also called ylands.exe (?)

DePemy

Edited by DePemy
  • Upvote 1

5 replies to this bug / suggestion

19 minutes ago, WijkagentAdrie said:

It's a known bug/feature, you can't run both at the same time unfortunately!

Thank you for responding!

Hey can I ask you for a favour and get you to explain me how you port forwarded your server?

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, DePemy said:

Thank you for responding!

Hey can I ask you for a favour and get you to explain me how you port forwarded your server?

Heya! No problem, I like helping everyone with their Ylands :) On my hosted server I didn't as this is pro hosted. To set up the ports though, you have to choose 2 DIFFERENT ports, doesn't matter which. For example try 2078 and 2079. If you google "port forwarding" + your routers type you will find out how to do the forwarding. Hope this helps!

Adrie

• Upvote 2

Yes, the basic logic of it is quite straight forward, but the method varies for each make and model of router etc.

It is allowing and directing, connections that come in to your router from the internet, that are requesting a certain port, to be directed through your router, to the required machine within your home network, that has the Ylands Server running to accept this connection on that port.

You can find your External IP (You on the Internet) address, by asking Google - "What is my IP".

You can find your Local IP (Your PC on your network) address, by typing - "cmd", in to a Windows Run box and pressing Enter, then typing - "ipconfig" in to the command prompt window. - Your local IP will be listed amongst other network information.

You can usually find the information to log in to your router via a browser, written on the router itself, though as Adrie said, you can find plenty of guides for this on Google for individual makes and models.

You should end up with something like this after port-forwarding:

External IP requesting port that you have chosen, is directed to Local IP (192.168.*.*) within your network, think of it as guiding the connections from Internet to server.

Edited by Ylanders UK Dedicated
  • Upvote 1