Sign in to follow this  
silentghoust

(Future mod support) suggestion

Question

Not sure if this is already planned. But considering the unique art style and rendering that Ylands is. Will there be any sample models/textures on modding support release day? 

5 replies to this bug / suggestion

15 minutes ago, silentghoust said:

Not sure if this is already planned. But considering the unique art style and rendering that Ylands is. Will there be any sample models/textures on modding support release day? 

I imagine that much like other Bohemia games, we will get tutorials and proper support for modding when the time comes.

Ow I believe it, I just want a strong foundation for everybody. I felt that Arma tended to be pretty fractured due to the how it's modding info was spread. I feel this game can have a massive and strong modding community considering the simplicity of the models as well as the game itself. 

Also, this brought me to one idea I completely forgot to put in the original post.

If possible, add the ability to make height maps as a way to generate terrain? It would be a fantastic option!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, silentghoust said:

If possible, add the ability to make height maps as a way to generate terrain? It would be a fantastic option!

I agree! Not only would that be awesome for making new worlds but we could import height maps from other games and recreate our favourite environments in the comfort of YLands xD

Edited by SamMonahan

Hi,

modding is definitely something we will have at some point - there's actually even a very subtle hint on our Workshop website ;) 

ModsScrShot.PNG

We're more than ready to implement it - we know exactly how we're going to do it and were ready to start working on it but in the end, the modding support was delayed in favor of general game polishing we need before we get to Steam. Once we let users import their own assets into the game we will have to support it and keep enhancing the tools for a long time and we don't feel we would have enough time to do it now (not with the user-friendly tools we want to have). Also, we want to have related things ready when it comes out - a website space dedicated to content creation with at least basic tutorials and hints.

Long story short - my guess is we may add full modding support sometime in Q1 2018. 

• Upvote 3