bojo2736

Can I Remove A Dead Body?

I am building on a server. When I came back, there was a guy standing there. No one was controlling him. I didn't want to kill him because I didn't want a body inside my lot. i was toying with the idea of enclosing him in a glass building as a piece of art :)

Then some other guy comes along and kills him. I ended up just digging a hole under him then building a stone patio over him. If I could have coaxed the guy who killed him into the hole, I might have buried two bodies...

Anyway, is there a way to remove bodies?

The editor still works (I think) but only if you are hosting MP through the game (or you can ask whoever is hosting). If you are using a DS, then you can no longer open the save game in the editor as of version 0.63.

• Thanks 1

As they say,  a true  friend is one who will help you move a  dead body!   :D ....at  night   ¬¬

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, kimbuck said:

As they say,  a true  friend is one who will help you move a  dead body!   :D ....at  night   ¬¬

I could use a friend then because I have a ton of dead bodies on my DS.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, Whane The Whip said:

The editor still works (I think) but only if you are hosting MP through the game (or you can ask whoever is hosting). If you are using a DS, then you can no longer open the save game in the editor as of version 0.63.

Im using DS and do daily editor edits for corpses and works just fine..

16 hours ago, Energritz_ said:

Im using DS and do daily editor edits for corpses and works just fine..

It just so happens I found a way last night. The world map I'm using on my DS was generated in the pre 0.63 update and this might have something to do with it, perhaps it is not 100% compatible because when I pull the DS save into my games save folder for editing, it does not appear in my list of game saves within the editor.

However (and for anyone else that has this problem). If you first launch the DS in single player or as a game hosted MP game instead of DS, then play for a couple of minutes, then exit and save... THEN it will appear as a game save in the editor and dead bodies can be removed. Note that game logics wont appear within the map and access to logics is locked out, but previous game logics such as spawn point and role will remain tied to the save state.

This is the process I have to go through when renting a host, this may be different if you are hosting your DS on your own PC. That said, this isn't exactly convienant. I would still like to see corpse despawn on their own within x number of minutes, or be subject by removal with an annihilator. It would be nice if a shove worked too so that others on the server, could just use a shovel on a body to get rid of it.

Edited by Whane The Whip

I made the DS during the 0.6.2 Update, so the 0.6.3 might have a bug with it.

I usually shutdown the server wait for the process to end and disappear, copy the save to my pc

make sure ylands is not running ( as it will not detect the save if its running ) copy the save to

/steam/userdata/<numberstring>/298610/remote/SaveGames/

load up ylands > editor> open chose games, server title will appear > select > open

Do what i have to do > File > save > Exit without saving when closing editor > close program

reverse steps to copy the file on server, reboot DS.

I was doing some landscaping, and uncovered the dead guy.  As I was fixing it, I got a screen cap that made me laugh.

2q8cwo7.jpg

• Haha 2