Silwercastle

Workshop submition

How do I submit a map/building to the workshop is I want to make it available for people to have a look at ?

10 minutes ago, Silwercastle said:

How do I submit a map/building to the workshop is I want to make it available for people to have a look at ?

Login to Ylands.net > click "My Creations" in the right side panel (https://ylands.net/profile) and then click the "Add Creation" button in the side bar. Follow the prompts.

This assumes that you've already packaged a game save or scenario or composition within the game.

• Thanks 1

3 minutes ago, Silwercastle said:

Ok , so I must go into editor and package the game as well then ?

Yes, you will see an option under the save menu iir.

[EDIT] Unless you're sharing a composition, and then I believe you just click (or right click) the composition for the option. I can't login to double check atm.

Edited by Whane The Whip

This does not work !!

I zipped the save file and its to big!

I packaged the game map in the editor, but now the upload tell me it does not recognise the file format.

Please help.:(

On ‎2018‎/‎01‎/‎21 at 9:04 PM, Whane The Whip said:

Yes, you will see an option under the save menu iir.

[EDIT] Unless you're sharing a composition, and then I believe you just click (or right click) the composition for the option. I can't login to double check atm.

Sorry, would you mind helping me again. Nothing happens after a click on pack for sharing or do I have to wait an hour for it to said it is done ?

44 minutes ago, Silwercastle said:

Sorry, would you mind helping me again. Nothing happens after a click on pack for sharing or do I have to wait an hour for it to said it is done ?

Do you mean when you save your game in the editor using the "pack for sharing" option? All this does is prepare a save file for sharing through Ylands.net. You still have to go to Ylands.net and upload the file. Or am I misunderstanding your question?

Keep in mind the file formats:

<name-of-game>.ylandsgame = saved game
<name-of-game>.yland = saved scenario
<name-of-game>.ycp = packed for sharing

So you will have several folders in your Ylands folder, each one for these types of files:

c-ZkJwJATLK3FwaT2kvL5Q.png

So the file that gets uploaded to the workshop is a .ycp file and as far as I know, you should not archive it into a .zip etc... My game saves are usually 20mb or less but I think shared games (as in the .ycp) are smaller, probably compressed, I'm guessing that ycp stands for ylands compressed pack. You said yours was too large?

Edited by Whane The Whip

8 hours ago, Whane The Whip said:

Do you mean when you save your game in the editor using the "pack for sharing" option?

Ok, it looks like my game does not create a .ycp (packed for sharing) file when I click for it to do so.

I after that failed thought I misunderstood and tried to zip a save file, which clearly is not correct. (My save file size is 35meg)

1 hour ago, Silwercastle said:

Ok, it looks like my game does not create a .ycp (packed for sharing) file when I click for it to do so.

I after that failed thought I misunderstood and tried to zip a save file, which clearly is not correct. (My save file size is 35meg)

And you checked the "share" folder for the .ycp right? Not the "SaveGames" folder...?

2 hours ago, Whane The Whip said:

And you checked the "share" folder for the .ycp right? Not the "SaveGames" folder...?

There are no "share" folder. I validated the game files and nothing was wrong. 

Hello, you can find your saved compositions in your STEAM folder, here is where mine are, the numbers may be very different for you but the principle stays the same, go there and you will find them:

\Steam\userdata\38650086\298610\remote\Share\Compositions

Other than that, here is a little tutorial i made about saving something in the editor and reusing it in an explorer game, to pack something in the .YCP format, just use the Square icon with an arrow going out of it in the very lower right corner once you have saved it as a composition.

So to make it clear, 1/save as composition 2/ pack for sharing 3/go to the folder to find it.

Hope that helps.

In the editor

Ylands_180118_045027.thumb.png.e893a6b0b3469a78f9430eb7c9a5fa5a.png

Ylands_180118_045119.thumb.png.a5c03d76f69fb0d08a567480b10e6497.png

Ylands_180118_050627.thumb.png.b87ab5aa1ebc33b8f939b36c89b103da.png

Ylands_180118_050923.thumb.png.f5ad5a46217ad4fae5d3748234801003.png

Ylands_180118_051056.thumb.png.028c8965825b222cb4d2e7659cb4fc19.png

Ylands_180118_051426.thumb.png.beb14db591338964c03dbf9d3dd50296.png

Ylands_180118_051749.thumb.png.f63bede0cc12a6c3b028cbaa669fc61b.png

Ylands_180118_053034.thumb.png.3c4b7156f287ec3c7e5e39b24ea60471.png

Have Fun =)

Edited by YadNiMonde

Thanks, but my first hurdle is i have "NO" share or Composition folder. Only Savegame and Scenario folders.

Do i need to create them or press a button to generate them ?

ok i just made a detailed tutorial here:

Do check it, hope it will help, make sur to read it thoroughly.

10 minutes ago, YadNiMonde said:

ok i just made a detailed tutorial here:

Do check it, hope it will help, make sur to read it thoroughly.

Thanks, i went through it.

As far as i can see composition is to save a "item" like a boat. I want to save a map. There for i need to use "pack for sharing" and that is in the editor under the file tab.

Now i press that button and not a dam thing happens >:(

OK so, you must First Save your map AS, give a name (example: Test World)

THen you have to Pack for sharing and you MUST HAVE the prompt telling you it is successful.

Ylands_180123_141913.thumb.png.6871f240bd57ef95e73ab8b234538fc5.png

Like this.

Then in \Steam\userdata\38650086\298610\remote\Share\Games you WILL find TESTWORLD.ycp

4 minutes ago, YadNiMonde said:

OK so, you must First Save your map AS, give a name (example: Test World)

THen you have to Pack for sharing and you MUST HAVE the prompt telling you it is successful.

Ylands_180123_141913.thumb.png.6871f240bd57ef95e73ab8b234538fc5.png

Like this.

Then in \Steam\userdata\38650086\298610\remote\Share\Games you WILL find TESTWORLD.ycp

"Save as" is the only thing i did not press as it did not make sense to me that there be a diff between that and just save. Hope my map is not to big to pack.

Will test in an hr when i get home from work. (alt-tabing at work :ph34r:).

Will report back. 

1 hour ago, YadNiMonde said:

Saving AS will give it a unique name easier to find back when you pack it.

Bad news I am afraid. Went and opened map I wanted to save. Did a save as and gave it a unique name.

Clicked on open to open the new "saved as" file and ... nothing... it does not exist on my pc even though it said "save was successful.

You can only upload "scenarios" made in the Editor, not your save games. So it is not possible to upload an Explore map to the Workshop.

• Thanks 1