LunaPlays

How to upload an explore map to share it

I read the whole forum and did not find anything how to upload a map that I created in explore mode. Is it possible to make a YCP from an exploration scenario and how does that work, because if I hit the "Pack for Sharing" button in the editor, nothing happens and also I can not find any YCP file in my game save folder: Games Steam userdata 54840950 298610 remote. And I would be very happy if the developers could make it possible to upload explore maps to share them, if it isn't possible yet.

Edited by LunaPlays

Well the only way i know you get  ycp is pack for sharing in the editor

here is another similar thread not sure if it will help you or not

The problem is that there is no "Shared" folder in my remote folder and if I hit the button to pack for sharing the editor doesn't do anything at all. So I wonder if it is possible at all to upload and share your explore game. I tryed yesterday by the page from Ylands to upload anything there, as it is discribed by Whane, did not work for me, because I got no YCP file anywhere and the game won't create one in the editor!

17 minutes ago, LunaPlays said:

The problem is that there is no "Shared" folder in my remote folder and if I hit the button to pack for sharing the editor doesn't do anything at all. So I wonder if it is possible at all to upload and share your explore game. I tryed yesterday by the page from Ylands to upload anything there, as it is discribed by Whane, did not work for me, because I got no YCP file anywhere and the game won't create one in the editor!

You have the same problem as me. None of the answers I am given works and the dev's does not even seem to look at the problem.

I posted a question in bug reports and even pm Ane , but nothing... no feedback and at this point the only thing I can still try is deleting and reloading the game. If that does not work .......

You can only upload "scenarios" made in the Editor, not your save games. So it is not possible to upload an Explore map to the Workshop.

I will make thread of tutorial "how to share your scenario/map (not Explore map because the file size can be so big, and you have no right to share it as your creation ;)) from Editor" for you guys, will upload it at YadNi thread;)

Update: ah Ane just post at the same time oh well then.. :D

Edited by Velocifer

4 minutes ago, Ane said:

You can only upload "scenarios" made in the Editor, not your save games. So it is not possible to upload an Explore map to the Workshop.

Ok, none of my stuff will be uploaded then. :(

Thanks for coming back to us @Ane

7 minutes ago, Silwercastle said:

Ok, none of my stuff will be uploaded then

actually what kind of stuff are you interested for sharing? For Building/structure that you made in Explore mode, you just need to select the entire building from Editor, then save it as composition.

Edited by Velocifer

Yes, you don't have to share the whole map, if you want to share your "beach house", for example, you can upload it as an individual "item".

26 minutes ago, Ane said:

Yes, you don't have to share the whole map, if you want to share your "beach house", for example, you can upload it as an individual "item".

How do I select the whole building it only selects one brick or are you still only talking of buildings in scenarios ?

20180123183314_1.jpg

2 hours ago, Silwercastle said:

How do I select the whole building it only selects one brick or are you still only talking of buildings in scenarios ?

block or bolt (or whatever) the entire part of building, by hold LMB and select entire blocks from above, make sure no wild plants included(remove them first from your surrounding house). Your river simply can't be included, but thats not all the beauty of your house anyway.;)

Edited by Velocifer
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Velocifer said:

block or bolt (or whatever) the entire part of building, by hold LMB and select entire blocks from above, make sure no wild plants included(remove them first from your surrounding house). Your river simply can't be included, but thats not all the beauty of your house anyway.;)

At last it is done. Thanks.

• Like 1