John - NEXFER

Greetings, all!

Greetings all,

I've been lurking around here for a couple of months now (since I bought Ylands and discovered its awesomeness!).

So, I thought I'd introduce my self properly - Hi I'm John, I'm 31 and from England!

I am a web tinkerer / designer / developer by trade and hobby-craft, and will more than likely be a regular to these forums as the game progresses ever-forward.

I enjoy hosting things, and all things computing, I have spent several years developing mods for another game, and many more years messing with website and game development in various shapes and forms, further, many years playing games and exploring the wonders of computing in general (started on Apple IIe's back in the 80's).

Pending the upcoming updates for Dedicated Servers, I too will be hosting a Dedicated Server based in the UK (NW England), I have since purchased the domain - Ylanders.com for the server (currently pending updates), where a basic shell website /discord has been implemented for the meantime.

SpeedTest on the host - 

6457927173.png

My office ^.^ -

20170715_182036.thumb.jpg.035c09dafa32299750750e11b24ef8b6.jpg

20170715_182119.thumb.jpg.b4f3d60098802daf012c88e55b538233.jpg

Things you can see -

- Xbox One S

- 2 Laptops (AMD A10 and an A6)

- X-Rocker Elite Pro Gaming Chair

- Corsair Raptor K30 Gaming Keyboard

- M65 PRO RGB FPS Gaming Mouse

Turtle Beach X12 Gaming Headset

- My Guitar!

- Too many wires!

Custom Gaming PC:

Case: Vantage Red Gaming Case with LED Fans
Motherboard: Gigabyte Z270-Gaming K3
CPU: Intel Core I5 7600K 3.8ghz 6mb Cache 7th Gen Kaby Lake
Memory: 8gb Corsair Vengeance LPX DDR4 3000mhz Performance Ram
HDD: 1tb Western Digital WD10EZEX 64mb Cache 7200rpm HDD
GPU: Nvidia Geforce GTX 1060 6GB (Gigabyte v.2 Windforce).
PSU: EVGA 600w Quiet 80 Plus Bronze Certified.

Also if anyone would like to play Ylands together, add me on Steam!

• Upvote 2

Damnnnnnnnn sweet setup John! be seeing you around :)

Edited by chivas477

Looking awesome John! Any possibility of you hosting something for us to play on now? Im dying to set down some roots with other people :)

2 minutes ago, SamMonahan said:

Looking awesome John! Any possibility of you hosting something for us to play on now? Im dying to set down some roots with other people :)

I am happy to turn on the server, though there is a persistent issue with the servers becoming unresponsive after some time, requiring a reboot or sometimes losing the save entirely. Hopefully a hotfix it released soon for this issue. Give me a few minutes to set it up on the host.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Ylanders UK Dedicated said:

I am happy to turn on the server, though there is a persistent issue with the servers becoming unresponsive after some time, requiring a reboot or sometimes losing the save entirely. Hopefully a hotfix it released soon for this issue. Give me a few minutes to set it up on the host.

Alright mate! Jump on discord more often so we can chat easily (I've joined yours)

38 minutes ago, SamMonahan said:

Alright mate! Jump on discord more often so we can chat easily (I've joined yours)

Server is up, will hop on Discord at some point after my misses has stopped watching TV (she looks at me weird for talking to my headset haha).

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, SamMonahan said:

Which discord are people using? Got a link, think there is a few now, may as well use one!

2 minutes ago, Hurricane43 said:

Yeah I see a couple servers up with protected passwords... 

We are figuring it out now. Looks like someone is gonna need to grab an extra copy and run it on their machine

Just now, SamMonahan said:

We are figuring it out now. Looks like someone is gonna need to grab an extra copy and run it on their machine

I run everything at 4K.... except damn caves in this game.... :ph34r:

Just now, Hurricane43 said:

I run everything at 4K.... except damn caves in this game.... :ph34r:

We need a separate account and a separate machine to run it for the moment. You cant run YLands twice on the same machine :P

I've bought < this second account for Ylands, and have set up my other account as the host on my dedicated machine!

It's online now, let's see how it goes over the next few hours etc.

Feel free to hop on and help me test, I'm John on there and the host character is Ylanders Bot (pink hair).

• Upvote 1