Backward

RESOLVED Ylands Launcher Wont Start

Question

Installed Ylands trial into Program Files (x86). Run the launcher from the shortcut and the .exe from inside the (x86) folder. Ran as administrator. Verified that the "Target" and "Start in" fields were correct. When the launcher is ran, it seems like it tries to load but nothing happens. Any help is appreciated!

7 replies to this bug / suggestion

1 hour ago, Backward said:

Installed Ylands trial into Program Files (x86). Run the launcher from the shortcut and the .exe from inside the (x86) folder. Ran as administrator. Verified that the "Target" and "Start in" fields were correct. When the launcher is ran, it seems like it tries to load but nothing happens. Any help is appreciated!

Hi there, it should be a matter of running the Ylands shortcut on your Desktop (or YlandsLauncher.exe)

- Login to your account and press "Play".

The launcher authenticates you and allows you to load Ylands.exe properly. I'm not aware of any instance where you can load Ylands.exe properly, without pushing "Play" in the Launcher to do so. Else the black screen thing happens.

Is there some reason you were not pressing "Play" from within the Launcher, rather than trying to run both manually?

Edited by Ylanders UK Dedicated

2 hours ago, Ylanders UK Dedicated said:

Hi there, it should be a matter of running the Ylands shortcut on your Desktop (or YlandsLauncher.exe)

- Login to your account and press "Play".

The launcher authenticates you and allows you to load Ylands.exe properly. I'm not aware of any instance where you can load Ylands.exe properly, without pushing "Play" in the Launcher to do so. Else the black screen thing happens.

Is there some reason you were not pressing "Play" from within the Launcher, rather than trying to run both manually?

The problem occurs before that. I cannot run the YlandsLauncher.exe. Upon running it, nothing happens. Cursor turns into the loading icon then returns to normal and nothing appears for me to log in or press play.

Edited by Backward

On 16/07/2017 at 4:27 AM, Backward said:

The problem occurs before that. I cannot run the YlandsLauncher.exe. Upon running it, nothing happens. Cursor turns into the loading icon then returns to normal and nothing appears for me to log in or press play.

Could try the following steps -

First off, if you know how to kill a process, ensure there are no Ylands.exe or YlandsLauncher.exe processes running in the background, else you could simply restart your PC / Laptop.

Secondly, does your PC / Laptop meet the minimum system requirements to play the game? Do you play other similar games on it without issues etc?

Third, you may require an update(s) for your graphics card or possibly DirectX, a number of other users have experienced issues with outdated drivers etc.

Officially - Ylands requires DirectX 11.1, however, it should run fine on DirectX 11 from my experience, but your graphics device must meet this minimum requirement.

If none of this helps with the issue, should post your system specs / operating system and run a DirectX Diagnosis for the devs to look at, can do this by typing "dxdiag" in to Windows Start area / run box, and uploading the results.

Edited by Ylanders UK Dedicated

20 minutes ago, Ylanders UK Dedicated said:

Could try the following steps -

First off, if you know how to kill a process, ensure there are no Ylands.exe or YlandsLauncher.exe processes running in the background, else you could simply restart your PC / Laptop.

Secondly, does your PC / Laptop meet the minimum system requirements to play the game? Do you play other similar games on it without issues etc?

Third, you may require an update(s) for your graphics card or possibly DirectX, a number of other users have experienced issues with outdated drivers etc.

Officially - Ylands requires DirectX 12, however, it should run fine on DirectX 11 from my experience, but your graphics device must meet this minimum requirement.

If none of this helps with the issue, should post your system specs / operating system and run a DirectX Diagnosis for the devs to look at, can do this by typing "dxdiag" in to Windows Start area / run box, and uploading the results.

It seems updating my drivers worked. Thanks for you help. Didn't know missing a single update would cause such an issue i never thought about it.

• Upvote 2

Hello, I can open the game on my IPad and phone but when I load up a world to play on it it seems to freeze on the loading screen and all I hear is the environment sound. Could you guys try to see why it won't work on my IPAD Air 2 or on my IPhone 6. 

Thank you,

17 hours ago, Dr. Shike said:

Hello, I can open the game on my IPad and phone but when I load up a world to play on it it seems to freeze on the loading screen and all I hear is the environment sound. Could you guys try to see why it won't work on my IPAD Air 2 or on my IPhone 6. 

Thank you,

We|ll check that out, thanks Dr. Shike. YLD-21880

On 2/9/2020 at 4:28 PM, Dr. Shike said:

Thank you,

Unfortunately, Ylands does not fully support: iPhone 5S, 6, 6 Plus; iPad Air, iPad Air 2, Mini 2, 3; iPod Touch 6th gen and lower. They don't have the needed requirements to run Ylands.