Question

When sharks hit my ship out at sea they constantly glitch hitting my ship repeatably over and over again. The sharks also spawn sometimes on top of my ship and kill me almost instantly

2 replies to this bug / suggestion

The floating /  spawning   sharks  have been  fixed to a degree in recent  updates ... what version  on  Ylands  are you  using? I haven't  encountered  it  since  the last  update ..but I do see sometimes  sharks   stuck in trees or   floating   over land..    they make  great   shark meat meals!

They will attack you in  your  ship if they can ... that's why most of us  seafarers  build  barriers around the  stern and a buffer between the  sharks  and the helm..:D

You can add wooden or  steel  spikes  projecting  horizontally  from around your  ships  stern .. that dissuades them  a lot

Carry an  iron spear   on your  boat ..place it  where you can grab it   quickly .. but   be  warned ..killing a shark on your  deck  ...can sometimes  upset the  boats  stability.

Look further  back  in the  bugs    thread to see whats being  done and  how to  avoid  becoming  shark bait:(