SyxtySyx

Steamer Tug Boat

This is my Houseboat explorer. Supposed to resemble an old tug boat converted into a pleasure craft. Still some detail to finish. 

Tip 1 : Building in Edit Mode... If you desire power on your ship when the engines are off, you can hide a wind turbine in the hull with just the power node exposed.

Some of the lights on this ship are powered this way. The switch on the aft controls them.

Tip 2 : I use a lot of (Pier Supports) in my builds for detail and for a smaller dimension building block.  Steel Rods, Large Steel Rods and Poles work well for detail as well, but Pier Supports are not pickable after placed. I also use Small Wooden Shelves a lot for window sills.

Enjoy. 

Edit: it has lots of storage under the deck boards... Storage design and some hull aspects borrowed from YYZDANIEL's  boats. Check out his work.

20180209221955_1.jpg

20180209222322_1.jpg

20180209222343_1.jpg

20180209222647_1.jpg

20180209222910_1.jpg

20180209223019_1.jpg

20180209222520_1.jpg

20180209222550_1.jpg

20180209222445_1.jpg

20180209223258_1.jpg

20180209223444_1.jpg

20180209223327_1.jpg

Edited by SyxtySyx
  • Like 7
  • Upvote 1

well done sir! it looks just like tug boat irl, really awesome detail.. #musttooktimetoplacethoseonebyone xD

• Thanks 1

12 minutes ago, Velocifer said:

well done sir! it looks just like tug boat irl, really awesome detail.. #musttooktimetoplacethoseonebyone xD

Hey thanks, You are definitely one of the builders that inspire me and give me ideas and stir my creative sludge. We are in the infancy of what we will be able to produce in Ylands. just wait and see what people come up with in the next year or so. As the developers hone the aspects, and the community grows, the limits become endless.

18 minutes ago, SyxtySyx said:

Hey thanks, You are definitely one of the builders that inspire me and give me ideas and stir my creative sludge. We are in the infancy of what we will be able to produce in Ylands. just wait and see what people come up with in the next year or so. As the developers hone the aspects, and the community grows, the limits become endless.

Glad that I can inspire someone. There are endless possibility, not including the mods that will come in the future. Even in limited state like now, we have lot of possibility, especially on land structure. Did you touch the game logic yet? "It's where the true power of Editor come from" xD

Edited by Velocifer
typo
  • Thanks 1

I had to resort to fishing poles as my dingy hoist jigs.... not optimal. We need more building tools it here. Sure it is fun to get creative with what is available, but it would be nice to build with some solid (unpickable) materials. 

1 minute ago, SyxtySyx said:

be nice to build with some solid (unpickable) materials. 

I'm not sure why you say that.. Did you try to double click the object you want to be hardened? there is Pickable option there.

5 minutes ago, Velocifer said:

Glad that I can inspire someone. There are endless possibility, not including the mods that will come in the future. Even in limited state like now, we have lot's of possibility, especially on land structure. Did you touch the game logic yet? "It's where the true power of Editor come from" xD

I have been working on Vehicles since my Lighthouse project. I know that it is easier to copy/duplicate groupings on land than on vehicles... that is what makes vehicles a chalenge in a way. My lighthouse is powered by an inverted wind turbine under the structure. 

you can have infinite power in your land structures by planting inverted wind turbines under them in crawlspaces. This is of course, edit mode building.

I do do a lot of survival building as well, but so does everyone else. 

12 minutes ago, Velocifer said:

I'm not sure why you say that.. Did you try to double click the object you want to be hardened? there is Pickable option there.

OMG are you serious? I can place pickables and make them unpicable in Edit? #gamechanger

now I have to go back and "harden" like 80% of my builds before I can ever upload them to Workshop lol

Edited by SyxtySyx

Just now, SyxtySyx said:

OMG are you serious? I can place pickables and make them unpicable in Edit? #gamechanger

yes I am.. :D but I'm not sure for weapons/tools, but other materials can be hardened and unpickable in Editor.

3 minutes ago, Velocifer said:

yes I am.. :D but I'm not sure for weapons/tools, but other materials can be hardened and unpickable in Editor.

That would be great for Lanterns, steel rods, poles and such. Targeting while in-game can be treacherous.   

5 minutes ago, SyxtySyx said:

That would be great for Lanterns, steel rods, poles and such. Targeting while in-game can be treacherous.   

Yes that's great. But there is a thing I need to tell you.. Sadly, You can't set unpickable for couple or more things at once.. So you need to double click on it one by one.. :D 

*update* if you see in my furnished Acquilla, there is custom mast walkways with planks. That planks I set it to unpickable, so players won't accidentally pick up those things.

Edited by Velocifer

Just now, Velocifer said:

Yes that's great. But there is a thing I need to tell you.. Sadly, You can't set unpickable for couple or more things at once.. So you need to double click on it one by one.. :D

I assumed that. That is why I  was like "ouch"  I have to go back and set "one by one " unpickable" Now that I know, I will do it as I build, as not to create a pickable POS lol. 

Just now, SyxtySyx said:

I assumed that. That is why I  was like "ouch"  I have to go back and set "one by one " unpickable" Now that I know, I will do it as I build, as not to create a pickable POS lol. 

Btw I was update my last post above. Yeah the best thing to do is set it directly after you place it. So you won't feel that much works xD

5 minutes ago, Velocifer said:

Btw I was update my last post above. Yeah the best thing to do is set it directly after you place it. So you won't feel that much works xD

It is fun to figure things out without instruction on one hand, but on the other hand, it is great to get information from others that have done equally as well figuring out the game mechanics. 

24 minutes ago, Velocifer said:

*update* if you see in my furnished Acquilla, there is custom mast walkways with planks. That planks I set it to unpickable, so players won't accidentally pick up those things.

Wow, I made plank walkways on my main mast as well. Mostly so I could jump off into the water instead of trying to climb down the ladder and risking a fall lol. I need to set them "solid"

Ylands_180129_001738.png

4 minutes ago, SyxtySyx said:

It is fun to figure things out without instruction on one hand, but on the other hand, it is great to get information from others that have done equally as well figuring out the game mechanics. 

yes, I love autodidact/self-taught, it can lead to discoveries.. xD I actually won't tell anyone if they didn't mention it. #grimface I'm just kidding.. :P

1 minute ago, SyxtySyx said:

Wow, I made plank walkways on my main mast as well. Mostly so I could jump off into the water instead of trying to climb down the ladder and risking a fall lol. I need to set them "solid"

great idea for mast plank! Assassin Creed style man.. :D

• Like 1

There is a fine line in conveying helpful information and outright spoiler tips and tricks. I think you do a good job at walking that line Velo. :)   

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, SyxtySyx said:

There is a fine line in conveying helpful information and outright spoiler tips and tricks. I think you do a good job at walking that line Velo. :)   

I mean, if you give up all of your knowledge  as you find, people will exploit, and technology may leave you in the dust if you don't rapidly follow all game mechanic findings and advancements. That said, only the ones who watch all YouTube, and read all Forum and subscribe to all advanced workshop builds, will have the knowledge to build  next level.  Creativity has a role  for damn sure, but tech is a mighty tool. 

I myself am "OLD" and new tech doesn't come easy... "old dog new tricks" I was in my late 20s when PCs became household, and first gen Nintendo was the hype. "I hunt and peck" keybord , but it is my passion to create. 

2 minutes ago, SyxtySyx said:

I mean, if you give up all of your knowledge  as you find, people will exploit, and technology may leave you in the dust if you don't rapidly follow all game mechanic findings and advancements. That said, only the ones who watch all YouTube, and read all Forum and subscribe to all advanced workshop builds, will have the knowledge to build  next level.  Creativity has a role  for damn sure, but tech is a mighty tool. 

Yeah I understand what you mean, and yeah it can turn to rapid race.. xD Which little bit what am I afraid of.

22 minutes ago, Velocifer said:

Yeah I understand what you mean, and yeah it can turn to rapid race.. xD Which little bit what am I afraid of.

I'm not so afraid because I'm not a "content creator" as such. I mean, I don't YouTube, Twitch  or fansite games. I just create and occasionally share with those who enjoy my creativity.

I am excited to see what the Dev team implements next, and how it will effect or improve game platform. 

If done right, this could be as big as Minecraft. 

So far, not a huge amount of hype and demand. This can be good for developers not to rush and be controlled entirely by player demand implementation. They have the wiggle room to create without the pressure to produce massive content updates so fast that bug fixing is 80% of the game development.     

Edited by SyxtySyx
  • Upvote 1

Nice details, I really like the anchor chain! In my first ship ever I've used the same storage/door system, but instead of using iron doors I used the powered Iron doors so you can unlock/lock all storage with the flick of 1 lever instead of having to lock/unlock every hatch individually :) 

• Like 1

Added more stuff to the Tug. I also named it "ELLOVA"... it's one ellova ship. Still need to add more decor in the main cabin. I added a switch for the front spotlight, and more bumper tires. oh, and a bulkhead and door to the engine room.

added a few cleats to my dock... made them from anvils.

Ylands_180217_142840.png

Ylands_180217_142249.png

Ylands_180217_142101.png

Ylands_180217_141906.png

Ylands_180217_143512.png

Ylands_180217_143321.png

Ylands_180217_143601.png

• Like 1