John - NEXFER

Power-Plant

I have remade my initial power station, via the editor!

I have also released this as a game mode and composition on the workshop, and I'm hosting a version of it on my server.

This game mode consists of a metal power station on an otherwise unchanged Yland, the power station consists of 40 large Ylandium Generators + 14 Wind Turbines, carefully wired to output to a single cable for your convenience.

Game mode - https://ylands.net/asset/63

Composition - https://ylands.net/asset/68

Edited by John - Ylanders
Remade in editor.
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I feel sad to know, you didn't went renewable energy, you sir are destroying the world!!! all that mining is destroying the planet! SHAME! SHAME! xD

• Upvote 2

55 minutes ago, chivas477 said:

I feel sad to know, you didn't went renewable energy, you sir are destroying the world!!! all that mining is destroying the planet! SHAME! SHAME! xD

Haha right! Does it make it any better that I brought the resources into existence using magic (creator_cube)? xD

I did this rig with 4 Ylandium Generators, and it powered up a quarter of the way round the island in power-lines with large lights on them, I think I have 16 generators now though, went to bed after building, the fun part today!

I envisioned for the upcoming roads updates, a lit up race track and road system!

Also could be handy to hook people's houses up with some free energy, make the starting island into a small communal town?

40 minutes ago, Hurricane43 said:

Awesome job... :D

Thank you! It's the start of something beautiful. :)

The finished system - Now to build things that need it!

power-plant4.thumb.jpg.a11c65c24c48bf3736c7d5b7c61661b8.jpg

power-plant5.thumb.jpg.94fb747f9be190005a79cab65d4bcbf8.jpg

Video coming soon, about 4 hours of building and wiring to make it lol!

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, John - Ylanders said:

The finished system - Now to build things that need it!

power-plant4.thumb.jpg.a11c65c24c48bf3736c7d5b7c61661b8.jpg

Oh my, looks like the Necron army has landed...

bc183d8daa1d8803e8e9ad67bb237ff8.jpg

• Upvote 2

So let me get this straight, if i subscribe to one of these beauties it will automatically download into my explorer game? 

I would love a random npc on my island 

Edited by Hurricane43

2 hours ago, Hurricane43 said:

So let me get this straight, if i subscribe to one of these beauties it will automatically download into my explorer game? 

I would love a random npc on my island 

No idea! I've edited the original post with new information, I've remade this in the editor on a larger scale, and released it as a game mode on the workshop!

• Upvote 1

Finished the video, it also shows how you can install the power station on your own Ylands via the editor compositions.

All good! Am I missing something or is there not yet download links on the workshop for compositions and game modes? I seem to be able to create a composition, but not download them? I take it this feature is coming in the future!

8DHosvUOkjUxkAAAAASUVORK5CYIIA

You need to click on the + in order to subscribe. In this case, after subscribing to this one, the next time you launch the game the "Ylanders Power Station" game will be among the list of your games.

• Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Ane said:

You need to click on the + in order to subscribe. In this case, after subscribing to this one, the next time you launch the game the "Ylanders Power Station" game will be among the list of your games.

Excellent, thank you for the information! :)

It does seem like a highly user-friendly system, perhaps I could make a suggestion however? The information you provided me would likely be best suited on the page itself, saving me the confusion originally! Something like - "Subscribe to this asset to add it to your game client!", or its like, placed very close to the subscribe button, would likely result in more subscribers for assets!

All in all, a great system, I will continue to add my game modes and compositions as they are finished!

• Downvote 1