Sign in to follow this  
kimbuck

KNOWN ISSUE Journey to the center of the earth..

Question

FYI ... this bug   can still occur...  just happened to me on a  dedicated NA server.. i was adding  dirt then ... "boing"    i tried y the unstuck command  then got eventually  the  respawn screen ... which i  duly  clicked on the  appropriate button.... only  to have the scree go black, with old inventory items  and  hotbar visible  and  screen locked up ...waited 10  minutes, only was   back to reality was via   a shutdown and restart :(

unfortunately  that means   my  output log etc  will be of  no use... as it  didn't appear to save anything.

Going to try  a  re-connect etc...if  successful will   post here.

5 replies to this bug / suggestion

I managed to  respawn    and   located  my base...    and found where i should have been when i  "was terminated" ..it looks like  while i was adding dirt to fill in a gully,  there was a rush of  dirt  that "buried" me!   Vanished without a trace!:o

So out of  curiosity i   fashioned a stone pick and   dug around to see if anything,  like   keys   tools   or  whatever could be found.  No luck :S  I tried the 1st  person  look   into the area to see if i could  see my remains etc underground ... nope!

So  i decided that rather than  start again  for it to be  wiped when the 0.7 arrives i will spend the next week annoying all and sundry  in these forumsxD .... and leave those abandoned  bases to be  discovered by pixel archaeologists  in some other dimension..:)

I managed to get those logs ...    hope they can be   of  help.

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

@Energritz......    that was on a NA  server. tonight.   The  previous    incident was on your  server  saturday  when i was on an island  east of the spawn island ..i had sailed   due  east,  made landfall,     and was on my ship  moored when the "host unreachable"    incident occurred,  I  relogged to see my  avatar falling  etc.. and the  dreaded   snap message. I tried to respawn  and managed to connect only to get the   snap  you died   message again  and a black screen  Attempts to relog  keep me returning to that screen and no chance to respawn. The  options   to click on do not  do anything,

No worries .. " I shall return"     ......when 0.7 has arrived:P

Edited to add... It was not your server at fault ...just my   intermittent  internet connectionB|. As i explained earlier i am  in a rural area, on a spur  power line that  drops out, and with a phone service the  predates   Edison.

Our  mobile  coverage   consists of   megaphones and ear trumpets! :o

Edited by kimbuck
edited to clarify and its as clear as mud!

@Ane....

I retraced what i was doing  when this incident occurred    I was placing  soil to extend land into the ocean to wards deeper water  to place a ship.

I was standing on the  reclaimed  land, and there was a  stone platform/roof  above my avatar, and i was adding  dirt  around and to  the front of me.

There was a connection lag spike it seems, as everything  temporarily froze for 2 seconds.... then the dirt i was adding recommenced in a sudden rush.

Soil built up under me and my avatar was forced upwards  but   obviously  blocked by the  roof above..  resulting in my avatar being buried in a  "pillar of earth"

It seems then  that as i was technically  underneath the   surface,  i  started  falling...    and the rest is   history!

Hope  this helps to explain the  falling  through the  earth issue, and  what can cause it.:)

Also act as a warning to others  ...watch out  whats overhead when placing  dirt!:D

As far as I know, the falling through the terrain issue wasn't "permanently" fixed, but more like mitigated so that it happens as less often as possible (and you don't lose your items). So it's still possible that it happens under some circumstances (like the one you described!).

• Thanks 1