---Crow---

Weird screen glitch? (not sure if caused by ylands)

Question

8 replies to this bug / suggestion

That looks like an issue with the Graphics itself, not the game, whens they last time the drivers were updated?

Also looking at the logs, you're using a laptop, is it overheating? that above could be a overheating issue.

Looking into the logs, these errors pop up:

• Recipe Issues
  • Animation Issues
  • A note that someone almost fell through the world (but didn't)
  • Something Skin related, do you have skins?
  • Something about Memory leak, lots of these errors towards the end of the log. did you run out of RAM? or near it?

@energritz....  My avatar  fell through the earth  ..kinda  . ( was on a moored ship ) .i get the  snap  death message... but  cannot  activate  new character..   cannot   log  back in -  goes to the same  black screen.

25 minutes ago, kimbuck said:

@energritz....  My avatar  fell through the earth  ..kinda  . ( was on a moored ship ) .i get the  snap  death message... but  cannot  activate  new character..   cannot   log  back in -  goes to the same  black screen.

Wrong post? xD

Sowwy ..havent had my morning  coffee   yet xD ..brain  yet to be  refueled and  interacted with....:P

Oh man thats scary color.. Here what I think is happening,

1. If this not happening at the start of the game it could cause like @Energritz_ mentioned, could be overheat graphic card(in laptop is only a chip, but you know what I mean:D) that could lead to artefact if you keep continues.
  2. What happen when it occurs then quit the game and back to desktop? If it still happening then 75% it related to the hardware, could be the monitor too, that leads to my other question bellow.
  3. Is it happening when you only browsing(not doing heavy stuff like gaming etc)?

Bear in mind that you need to troubleshoot one by one in order to know what causing this problem.

Edited by Velocifer

Hello, the screen glitch seems to only occur in that world,  near my crafting area. After I relogged it seemed to have gone away. I don't think anything was overheating but that may not be the case. It did come back, but again I fixed it with a relog, and it has not came back since then.

2 hours ago, ---Crow--- said:

Hello, the screen glitch seems to only occur in that world,  near my crafting area. After I relogged it seemed to have gone away. I don't think anything was overheating but that may not be the case. It did come back, but again I fixed it with a relog, and it has not came back since then.

Awesome, atleast it's not hardware malfunction. Then something strange there.. You won't run out of RAM (your RAM is 16GB) if only OS and Ylands running, and if your RAM is healthy. My machine has only 6GB of RAM, I often sailing between many ylands (My quality setting is always at High for far draw distance) and this problem never happened to me.

What's your Nvidia gpu driver version btw? The latest version I knew is 390.77

Edited by Velocifer

9 hours ago, Velocifer said:

Awesome, atleast it's not hardware malfunction. Then something strange there.. You won't run out of RAM (your RAM is 16GB) if only OS and Ylands running, and if your RAM is healthy. My machine has only 6GB of RAM, I often sailing between many ylands (My quality setting is always at High for far draw distance) and this problem never happened to me.

What's your Nvidia gpu driver version btw? The latest version I knew is 390.77

Hello, my nvidia version is 382.90 might need an update. Although this has never happened in any ylands/game before. I will update and hopefully never comes back :)

• Upvote 1