Miguel Preguisa

Ylands Building Competition II

Ylands Building Competition II

20th April - 3rd May

brought to you by @TheClockArmand @Miguel Preguisa

The time has passed and we are back! The second Ylands Building Competition is here. There have been some changes from the first one so be sure to read this post. But let me start with the last one.

Entries to the YBC I

@TinyMonkey and his  "Treasure expedition gone wrong"

@spyler.1989 and his  spidery Treasure room

And the winner is...

...@TinyMonkey with his UFO work! Congrats!
Your name will be found on our wall of fame. Wall of Fame will be at the end of every YBC post. Details to be shared.;)

<-------------------------------------------------------------------------->

The theme for the new round is...

The Ocean

<-------------------------------------------------------------------------->

Rules

1) Only the one person submitting works on the build. That means no teams and no direct help from others. No external assets from the Workshop made by another player.

2) The build has to be new. Don't submit your old works. This competition should be inspirational for you.

3) The theme can be usually interpreted in more ways. We encourage you to be creative. Only those blatantly off will be removed.

4) You can submit more than one build as long as you didn't break any rules above. 

5) NO offensive or inappropriate submissions. Keep it appropriate as we would like this competition to be as welcoming and accepting as possible.

6) Have fun! This is a friendly competition.:) The point isn't to win, but rather to enjoy yourself, receive constructive feedback from the rest of the community, and ultimately to strengthen the community.
Be respectful to everybody, and it should all work out fine! This is still a very new project so we expect there will be some issues. If you have any questions or concerns, feel free to comment under this post or PM any of the organizers  (@TheClockArm and @Miguel Preguisa as of now) and we'll try to address the problem as best we can!

Submission

The deadline for all submissions is two weeks from now, 3rd May 2018

1) Create a Separate forum post under Community Creations

2) Title that post: "Ylands Building Competition II - (YourNameHere)"

3) Post as many pictures of your work as you would like

4) Include a brief project description (a sentence or two at least) at the top of the post in order to give the reviewers context on how you interpreted the theme.
If you would like, You can caption your pictures! This is a great way to point out interesting details about your build, provide some context on how you achieved a cool building effect, or give us an interesting backstory to a feature.

5) After creating the post, post a link to that page as a REPLY to the main competition forum (the page you are on right now.) You may also include ONE Image in this reply in addition to the link to YOUR main post.

You have successfully submitted your work!

Voting

Anybody can vote for a post they like by reacting to it. You can vote for multiple builds. Any reaction (Thanks, Haha, Upvote, Like) counts as +1 point. We won't count in downvotes. They mean nothing in this competition because they don't bring anything but negativity. Voting ends at the start of the new competition.

IMPORTANT INFO: Only reactions on the separate post (that means the one titled "Ylands Building Competition II (YourNameHere)") count in order to simplify the voting system. The votes on your comment under the main post won't be counted. This way, you can share your post with all the pictures and info anywhere you like and get people to react directly to it without the need of them going to this post and its comments. 

Feedback

You can, of course, comment on the submitted post. Either to show the author that you like it or to give a constructive feedback. But you can (and we would be glad if you do) comment on this post to give us your feedback, ideas, and thoughts. It's always nice to know what you think about this!

Wall of Fame

Competition~~~~~~~Winner~~~~~~~The theme
YBC I                           TinyMonkey                Treasure Room

Good luck and don't forget that this is a friendly competition. Always act kindly and polite as any right Ylander should!

Edited by Miguel Preguisa
Specified where does the voting end; Added the Wall of Fame; Minor corrections
  • Thanks 2
  • Upvote 1

Hey everyone! Just reminding you that the two main changes since last competition are that we now encourage you to reply to this main forum post to keep this thread alive, and that voting is now done on their individual page as opposed to their reply to this page. :D 

• Upvote 1

Thanks you guys.  That was great fun and I'm looking forward to seeing ALOT of entries for "The Ocean".  I hope you guys will also join the fun! 

• Thanks 1

First, congratulations to Tiny Monkey. I'm really happy about your victory, I love your job. 

And the only thing I can say to you two, is, that they cheer up and also submit to the contest:P

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

xDWell, I think that this tinymonkey is decided and I agree on the same thing, so we hope to see his work on the ocean:P

Damnit, I still can't join competition.. -_-Anyway, congratulation to the winner of last YBC and great work for all participants, you guys made awesome creation! ^_^

14 minutes ago, V-Alfred said:

Damnit, I still can't join competition.. -_-Anyway, congratulation to the winner of last YBC and great work for all participants, you guys made awesome creation! ^_^

Why can't you join? 

8 hours ago, TheClockArm said:

Why can't you join? 

Simply I don't have so much time. :( Gotta catch up to you guys later when RL stuff is finished. :D

I have dedicated a little while to this, 2nd contest and I will only say one thing, Mr. Miguel, you have been very bad with us, putting such a broad concept.O.o

I still have not decided which of the 1000 ideas that come to my mind I can do xD haha

and good I would like to add that you could put another long-term contest for people who have less time can also participate^_^

2 hours ago, spyler.1989 said:

I have dedicated a little while to this, 2nd contest and I will only say one thing, Mr. Miguel, you have been very bad with us, putting such a broad concept.O.o

I still have not decided which of the 1000 ideas that come to my mind I can do xD haha

and good I would like to add that you could put another long-term contest for people who have less time can also participate^_^

Don't be fooled, this theme comes from @TheClockArm because I chose the first one - the Treasure Room :D Every post is our cooperation :P

We already talked about making the competition last longer but I wanted to try this two-week competition once more. So this is definitely a thing that we may change in the near future. ;)

• Like 1

I do not know if it will be the right one but I know that now I will have to do them all at some time xDxD

• Like 1

Ok, it's done!  I really hope some other people submit this time!!  Again, it was alot of fun BUT - I hate Ylands Water!!!

Ylands_180501_194330.thumb.png.0f819a91ca861c93a0178bd1241c54c1.png

Edited by TinyMonkey
to add link to submission post

I hope you creative folks are working on adding to the great submissions Spyler and TinyMonkey have provided so far!  Once again, I am impressed by both of these talented individuals and I hope there are more to come!