Sign in to follow this  
Indomitus

a couple map-related thoughts

Question

• If we have the map equipped and it's the active item, could we have the compass symbol on screen even when the map is not open?  (Only if it's the active item, though.)  Kind of like it appears when sailing a ship.

• Could there be additional items/tools added that could give us longitude/latitude information?  I think maybe a sextant and/or an astrolabe type of item.  Including something that could be mounted next to a ship's helm that would extend the display to include that information along with the compass widget.  I would think since the map uses a coordinate system already, it would be kind of easy to adapt that to a simple longitude/latitude system.

• Upvote 1

4 replies to this bug / suggestion

I would like to have the compass available in regular screens. It could be a crafted item?

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

I'm just waiting for the ability to take notes on maps. Hopefully we get to personalize them by next major patch. 

Also think the creation of a map shouldn't break the writing utensil, cause we still need to make notes. 

@ bojo ... yes  a crafted  compass,   required,  1  iron,  1 raw glass  a needle and a  hammer.  .....  and when crafted it  appears  top right all the time ...and  PLEASE make it so its easy to read at  night or on a stormy sky background..:D

• Upvote 1