Sign in to follow this  
Indomitus

admin/moderators on public servers?

Question

Are there any plans to allow assigning or volunteering to help moderate and maintain the public servers?

This is just a thought that occurred to me when I was playing on Explore NA 7 yesterday.  That one is starting to have very serious performance issues, and while exploring the spawn island, I found out that some player had started digging straight down from one of the caves.  These were sheer vertical holes going so far down I thought I was going to find the bottom limit of the map.  And all along the entire length of it were probably thousands of stone chunks, rocks, piles of dirt, sand (and, surprise, a grave at the very bottom; I survived because I have my propeller pack).  It's the kind of digging project one can only do with the powered drill.  I started picking up what I could carry and closing off lower parts of the tunnel with stone panels.  I'll be returning there at some point to see if I can clean it up some more, but someone with admin access and knowledge of how to use the Editor would really help in a situation like this.

Or if not the editor, allow one person or team to have Creator Cube access, so they can use the annihilator and terraformer to clean up messes.  Or maybe create an "Admin Cube" that allows for easy clean-up and restoring of the map without requiring that it go completely offline.  (An Admin Cube might include additional features like leaving/receiving direct messages for offline players, viewing who created what objects, teleporting to locations or people, and some other options for managing and dealing with players.)

2 replies to this bug / suggestion

Great idea.  I am hoping that 0.9 cloud will solve a lot of these problems. Closed communities would eliminate griefers.

• Downvote 1

whats more annoying  are the passive griefers... they arrive   sit  where you are building and  eventually die and  you cannot move them. I had to make a funny shaped build to  cover one to stop making an opening  a griefer could exploit.  They  get on ships,  on railings  or  sit in front of doors  ...  You go sailing with all these  corpses and free loaders   stuck to the  hull or around the helm... wish for a solution....?:|

• Haha 1
  • Upvote 1