Denderion

Questions about NPC's

I noticed NPC traders were recently added and that is cool, however is there any plans to expand the npcs to have pirate ships out on the water you can encounter or other hostile npcs like that? I also didnt know if this would be a suggestion or general discussion so i put it here, you can move it if it belongs elsewhere. 

Now im sure implementing a NPC system of pirate ships is a rather large task due to it needing to drive through water/steer the boats/ use the cannons/ect/ect, but if this is planned that would be so cool. one thing i looove about boats is cannons however currently im not really able to use them as i am playing a private game with a friend so its just us 2. so there is no "threats" or "sneak attacks" while sailing which im sure is something to worry about on public servers that have people. we play private however due to raiding and getting griefed by trolls/ect.

For land hostile npcs im sure thats a lot easier as there is already ai for bears/wolves(idk if its same ai or not but it could work for "human" ai, assuming its same ai for hostile land npc currently) so you would only need character models which are already there pretty much.

Hopefully i made sense of what im trying to ask haha. 

First of all I'm sorry if you see me alot, especially in "Posts". I have tendency to answer questions when I'm free.. xD

Ok back to the OP topic, I'm sure they have this idea. But they have a lot of "homework" before this can be implemented into the game. Like NPCs path finding, NPCs activities behavior to objects so they can interact with it, etc. If NPCs land enemies already in game, I'm sure we gonna have this NPCs pirate enemy after that. ^_^

Note: NPCs I mentioned is human NPC not animals.

Edited by V-Alfred

thats ok :) its nice to see dedicated community members. yeah i figured that OP topic of npc pirates on ships would require a lot of homework. mostly just wanted to know if its something they plan on eventually working on :) 

7 minutes ago, V-Alfred said:

@Denderion it's your lucky day, Sir Ales himself just answer same question as yours in sneak peek #51 xD

haha just read that, however he did say pirates raiding ylands, so does that mean just human npcs on LAND or will these pirates actually travel around the seas. lol

Edited by Denderion
mistyped in wrong area

hahaha xD, oh yeah, you might need to ask more about that in Sneak Peak yourself. Just incase if they missed your thread.

• Upvote 1

I'm just guessing here, but this may be one of the reasons the servers will be able to be set PVE or PVP. I would hate being attacked by pirates. Unless it was the Dread Pirate Roberts.  He'd most likely kill me in the morning.

• Haha 1