Sign in to follow this  
Indomitus

RESOLVED [YLD-10454] Missing compass while on ship ( 0.9: Comfortable Cooperation)

Question

I mentioned this in the update thread, but I figure this bug is worth its own since it affects exploration so much.

After starting a new game after the update, I built my Large Ship as usual.  When I grabbed the helm to sail it, the compass widget is missing from the upper right of the screen, and the Ylander does not animate as if he is grabbing the wheel.

85DAC743376593F7B25AD67B7C1E78D6D1C57B24

CCA6A79B99B4CCE1E8C448445E6BDEE71310A6A2

I have logged off the server several times, and restarted the game several times (including to sleep last night).  There is no change.

The compass is present when sailing the Boat, which I used to get off the spawn island.  The issue is present for me on both online MP, and offline SP.  (I tried it in Creative mode last night.)

I've attached the logs from my brief online session this morning.

I have figured out a temporary workaround, so navigation is not completely dead for now.  I look at my map to see what direction I'm facing, unlock the ship's camera and point it the direction I want to go, then start moving and line up the ship with the camera.  It's clumsy, but it will serve the purpose until this is fixed.

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

1 reply to this bug / suggestion

We managed to fix this.