Indomitus

CANT REPRODUCE [YLD-10456] (0.9) no-warning death followed by inventory glitch

Question

Playing online on NA 10, I am very far along.  I have my propeller pack, guardian armor, fast ship, the start of a nice big fortress, etc.  I decided to travel to one of the arctic islands to explore for Ylandium, since I can fly over the polar bears now.

I arrived at the island late in the evening and dropped my anchor.  I decided to sleep until morning.

As I was selecting my sleep time, it said I was hungry.  I knew that could wait until morning, even if I have to eat twice.

During sleeping, the game froze for about 10-15 seconds.  As soon as it came back at morning, instead of waking up, I got a message that I had FROZEN to death.  (There was no previous warning about cold.)  It would not allow me to continue or do anything until I logged out and back in.

Spawned back at the starting island, and naturally started scrambling to get back to my stuff.  Took a while, but I made it.

While still on spawn island, I crafted a few things that I didn't really need, so I decided to leave behind for others.  One was a sewing kit.  I tried to place it in a wicker basket.  It appeared to move over, but stayed in my inventory at the same time.  I tried moving it back, and it moved like normal into a separate space, so I put it back in the wicker basket.

The glitched copy remains in my inventory.  I could move it around to other spaces, but could not use it to craft anything, could not put it in storage, and could not drop it.  It's not offset in a weird way.  It just won't behave.

At the moment I have logged out and closed the game.  I'm hoping a restart will dislodge the glitched sewing kit.  We'll see.

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

4 replies to this bug / suggestion

26 minutes ago, Indomitus said:

The glitched copy remains in my inventory.  I could move it around to other spaces, but could not use it to craft anything, could not put it in storage, and could not drop it.  It's not offset in a weird way.  It just won't behave.

Hmmh, it sounds like I got the same problem before. I call it visually duplicated, mine was building blocks so I can put it to build something. It happened when I right click (move it to container) items too fast, when the visual of 1st item havn't moved yet, I tried to move other items, then there you go, the 1st item will visually duplicated. Usually the 2nd item will become the victim and gone or become the 1st item. To get rid this problem, I usually put duplicated items to container then deconstruct/destroy it. :D

Edited by V-Alfred

It's not really duplicating them item, though.  It's leaving a ghost that can't be stored, dropped, or used.  It only takes up a space in the inventory.

I exited and rejoined the game, and the item seemed to be gone, until I tried using another container.  Now I have a sewing kit and part of my guardian armor that show up as inventory ghosts from time to time, and the only way to get rid of them is to exit and rejoin.

I am experiencing the  inventory glitch  as well....  after a while items   cannot be  moved   to  chests etc .. they  remain  in inventory ..and after a while  you cannot   pick anything   up  with the "inventory full"  message.   Sometimes  items  are not  visible     if the chest is opened   with inventory opened ... you have to close both     take a deep breath .. then open the chest and  hope  all  is there...:|

If I craft items while looking in a chest they do not appear to craft (nothing gets added to my inventory.

When I then close the chest and look in my inventory they all appear.