Sign in to follow this  
Indomitus

Blueprinting not capturing all craftable items?

Question

On the left is what I built and wanted to blueprint.  On the right is what it captured.  The awnings can be crafted in Explore mode, so I am curious why they did not include with the blueprint.

9755D5EF72B752CC19342DFA6786511F8DE87979

It seems that pickable or free-placed items don't capture in blueprints, which does make sense to a degree, although excluding them entirely doesn't seem like the right answer to me.

Another example was a design I had in mind for a small house, and I wanted to decorate the chimney with stones to make it look more rustic.  The stones would not capture in the blueprint.  Sure they don't have a recipe, but the blueprint could simply ask for the stones directly.

And an option to somehow make them not pickable when the blueprint is completed, would also be nice to have.

edit:  Maybe it's because the awnings require a sewing kit?  There must be a way to accommodate that.

Edited by Indomitus

2 replies to this bug / suggestion

Yeah, I made a hut using poles extensively, and hay on the roof...  nope. They didn't show up so I had to adjust the design.  It was cool and different, and it's now "tremendously ugly."

• Downvote 1

Right now the blueprints store only building blocks, not freely placeable items, but we wish to improve them in the future.

If there's any other piece of feedback that comes to your mind about the blueprints, feel free to share it! :)