Sign in to follow this  
RedEagle_P1.

Problems with Ylands as a game engine

Question

Ylands sits right in the middle between game and game engine. However, there are some significant problems that are not obvious that need to be addressed in order for this game to become a good platform for making other games.

1. Cars -- Other than the well-known desync issues with cars, they don’t handle well on terrain or on elevations. Despite their high rite-hite they get stuck very easily on small inclines making anything but a flat track a no-go.
  2. Combat -- The new combat system feels like your stuck in the mud. There is a lack of game “feel” when it comes to it.

Hope these suggestions are helpful! 

Edited by RedEagle_P1.

2 replies to this bug / suggestion

1) I dont think cars are a huge deal, but definitly getting more vehicle options such as a blimp or aircrafts would be awesome. (Also a flame thrower, because why not?

2) I can agree with that, I think its due to the slow attack animations and aiming. In a game like League of Legends a person is able to input 3 ability commands, attack and move within the span of a second. Increasing the attack speed animation and recoil animation would definitly help as a start. (Also an equipable shield )

3) I actually like the FPS option in this game, while it is a bit difficult, I've had experience with Overwatch and counterstrike and find ranged weapons pretty fair overall.

Personal input:

Getting support for importing models, sounds and more scripting tools will provide all the "content" Ylands needs from new content being developed by the community.

On 12/5/2018 at 12:58 PM, Igor Q. said:

1) I dont think cars are a huge deal, but definitly getting more vehicle options such as a blimp or aircrafts would be awesome. (Also a flame thrower, because why not?

2) I can agree with that, I think its due to the slow attack animations and aiming. In a game like League of Legends a person is able to input 3 ability commands, attack and move within the span of a second. Increasing the attack speed animation and recoil animation would definitly help as a start. (Also an equipable shield )

3) I actually like the FPS option in this game, while it is a bit difficult, I've had experience with Overwatch and counterstrike and find ranged weapons pretty fair overall.

Personal input:

Getting support for importing models, sounds and more scripting tools will provide all the "content" Ylands needs from new content being developed by the community.

To me, if we are going to get these things, there needs to be a purpose for them...i want airships, that;s an awesome idea...but i want a world big enough that they make sense. I want a flame thrower.....but what would you use it on? A wolf? come on. Hopefully that last sneak peak they gave us is of a new monster type or theme for more creatures they will introduce into the world. I hope they make the map bigger.