• Announcements

• YlandsAdmin

Welcome to Ylands' Community!   08/27/15

Before taking any action on the Community page, we advise you to read the Community Guidelines. If you want to report bugs or suggest new features to the game, please read the Reporting Guidelines first. Also note that some parts of the Community page are accessible only to those who have purchased the game.
Sign in to follow this  
Indomitus

copying script between objects (and maybe scenarios)

Question

I don't know if there are already plans for such a feature, but I had an idea about it this morning and thought it best to at least mention it.

We've requested before (or at least I know I have) for the ability to copy or move blocks of code from one object to another.  I have a thought on how that could be done.

In the script editor, on the left are the categories for script commands and methods.  I would add a section (at the bottom, maybe) called "Clipboard" or something descriptive like that.  Instead of containing a list of script commands, it would contain 1 or more SPACES where blocks of code can be dragged and stored.  They would be spaces separate from the object where the code is not executable, just held as a copy for dragging out into a new location later.  It could be persistent for that scenario at least, and possibly across all scenarios.

A possible extension of this idea would be the possibility of being able to build a small personal library of custom routines, almost like compositions of nothing but script code, accessible through the script editor.

• Upvote 1

2 replies to this bug / suggestion

I would love something like this.

Sometimes I would have 2 spawn triggers or 2 time triggers that I would like to combine however I can't unless I write the entire code of one, onto the other.

We could really use something like this. Sometimes we have to make use of several events at once, just referencing a global function isn't enough.