Deadeye_Rob

Craftable, writable Books

Question

Hi guys, just a quick one.

I enjoy filling the shelves of my house with books and writing notes on my adventures.

Ive been wondering for a while; Why can't we craft and write our own books?

This would be a lovely addition to Explore mode and a fantastic feature when crafting custom games on Editor.

Written Books have proven very successful on Minecraft Servers. They've been used as Infomation Packs for new players, Background Lore for RPG based games as well as a load of other things!

It shouldn't be too difficult to craft them, a stack of paper pages and maybe a scrap of leather for the cover?

From a Dev point of view, this suggestion shouldn't be too hard to implement as the models are already present in the game.

let me know what you think guys! ?

Rob

• Upvote 3

3 replies to this bug / suggestion

I'm not sure if I'd want it to be permanently bound, but it would be nice to have a book/binder container that we could use to store and organize papers.  I have a custom map in mind for later that would be a story/mystery with diary pages as clues.

I think this would be awesome, especially if we can make copies of books/maps to give to newer players.

Exactly Igor!

So when joining some of the bigger Minecraft servers, new players often find an introduction book in their inventory written by the server owners.

I think that this would be the perfect medium to convey Yland Game rules or help booklets for new players.