Sign in to follow this  
Aleš Ulm

Dev Diary #66

Hey there, fellow ylanders.

Today I would like to tell you the about the direction we’re planning to take after 1.0 when it comes to Ylands as a platform - namely, features that Creators will benefit from the most, features that will allow them to keep coming up with more and more custom games.

Many of these features won’t come as a surprise, but it’s important for you to understand that what you see now is just the beginning of the journey.

We are aware that currently a lot of the quite basic features are either missing or not working as they should, so we will definitely fix those - with many of those fixes happening before 1.0.

Our ultimate goal has always been to provide creators with the means necessary to make games across any genre. To allow that, we will be introducing the following features to the Editor (with many more to come):

* A more flexible camera system that allows the creation of static game cameras, the ability to animate them or even to attach dynamic cameras to objects other than the player

* The ability to evaluate players' input

* Have access to / ability to modify more things about game entities

* Have control over the game's music

* Adding features that will make the process of creating games even easier and less prone to errors (versioning system, etc.).

We understand that these features are crucial and players and creators used to other platforms (like Roblox for example) expect no less from us.

amazing.jpg
Yet another view of the amazing job done by the P1 team - Castle Hunt.

There’s one more thing I would like to talk about in this Dev Diary.

With us finalizing and polishing the game, we have more and more work to do and due to this, I haven’t been able to talk to you as much as I used to. I feel, however, that this special relationship we have is very important (for both to you guys and to us), so I will be delegating some work to others, so I have more time to discuss things more in-depth with you. From your side, one of the things that will change will be the fact that some of the Dev Diaries - in addition to the ones I write - will be written by our Marketing Guy (tm) “Marci” Marton and some by our beloved Community Manager Ane. Also, we will be looking more into specific things, providing you with interesting photos, sneak peeks, spoilers and such, instead of trying to superficially cover a lot at once. We are positive that you’re going to like it :).

That’s it for now and we will see you in a week. Have a great time and stay classy, ylanders!

• Like 8
  • Thanks 1

Another thing needed for immersive play in other genres is more clothing / costume options.

• Downvote 1

Great to hear you'll be more involved Ales! I hope to see you more on the forums!

If we could get more game updates on things you guys are working on, on twitter like just a picture or a very short text I think it would really help with growing the community and increasing engagment :)

Будет круто если Ylands возьмёт курс развития одиночной игры как в Terraria )