kimbuck

" Once-lers"

Coined by  Dr  Seuss  in his  Lorax   story.

These are  people(? ) who arrive solely  to  see what they can destroy  or   disrupt   then  immediately go offline never to return. They do  not want to become part of the game  etc,  they  just  "think" its  clever to be  an  a$$#0!3, ... and  its all they can do.

Sadly,  we have  had another player leave our friendly server  for a while because  one  such social misfit  raided   his  base and took everything worthwhile.

I am used to it  now ...  i expect to find  my  storage  broken into  and items  stolen and replaced with   grass, stones  resin and  wood  pieces etc...   and its  always  why i  hide a  predator in the foyer areas of  my  dwelling ? ..or  fit a hidden Tesla  coil somewhere!

I have had some "idiot"  clean out  my help area stores    and then  either   dump the contents  at sea or  bury them somewhere.......  so that's why i   don't  make  such  areas anymore.

All  my  doors/ships  are locked...or  have  keys available, because if  not, some  pea-brain  will  make a key and  lock it  for  you.  I have  even had to replace workstations that  have  been  padlocked  by these  nit-wits ...not a big  deal if they are under a barrier,  just a waste of a few seconds of  time.

I am sure the  biggest  storage  files  on some  servers  are those that have the   ID  numbers of banned  trolls and such.

But then  what  else  can you expect from people in the world these days?    I used to play in a community  band, and   at every public  performance  there was always   some half  brain  who tried to  lob objects  into  the   tuba players instrument ...and   surprisingly  the  worst places to perform  were in the  campuses  of  universities where the  future intelligentsia  would  act  like  spoiled   pre schoolers...

Unfortunately,  its  something   us responsible, sensible and  socially acceptable people  will have to put  up with ..?

I'm half tempted to try multiplayer just so I can build a house full of spiked traps. They should make some sort of defense system like turrets, tripwires, and landmines. That way you logout you know atleast you have a chance at saving your stuff.

Always have one lever put next to your locked doors on a display connected to Tesla coil instead.

Pulling it may not open the door but the outcome will definitely shock them  :P 

• Haha 3

I had a ship  stolen ..unfortunately i parked it with part of the  stern outside the barrier and they simply placed there a new  helm and anchor, effectively removing  mine  under the barrier!  They  then  sailed my ship out to sea and  dismantled it,  scattering  bits on the ocean  floor.   Their idea of  "lulz"

My response wast  to make another ship outside the barrier...but  i didn't use  a ships  keel  ...just  made "cladding"  to look like one  ... hahah ..it was a dummy ship and   yes...a tesla  coil was  connected to the anchor  switch.  In the following 4  days  it  fried  3 wannabee  hijackers.    The  bodies had  nothing on them when they dropped,  they were all new arrivals.

But then,  i am there for the game and  fun,  i  don't want to become like these "once-lers"?

Edited by kimbuck
  • Like 1

14 hours ago, kimbuck said:

I had a ship  stolen ..unfortunately i parked it with part of the  stern outside the barrier and they simply placed there a new  helm and anchor, effectively removing  mine  under the barrier!  They  then  sailed my ship out to sea and  dismantled it,  scattering  bits on the ocean  floor.   Their idea of  "lulz"

My response wast  to make another ship outside the barrier...but  i didn't use  a ships  keel  ...just  made "cladding"  to look like one  ... hahah ..it was a dummy ship and   yes...a tesla  coil was  connected to the anchor  switch.  In the following 4  days  it  fried  3 wannabee  hijackers.    The  bodies had  nothing on them when they dropped,  they were all new arrivals.

But then,  i am there for the game and  fun,  i  don't want to become like these "once-lers"?

This shouldn't be possible.  Hopefully with the new patch it won't be.