Igor Q.

Ranged Weapons - Projectile Update please.

Question

Hi

I personally don't understand how ranged weapons work, specifically ammo/projectiles.  Damage multiplier doesn't work for ranged weapons at all.

Suggestion: Let ammo for ranged weapons be the multiplier.

Ex: Wooden bow = Base Damage 10-20 Damage

Wood Arrow = Damage Multiplier 1    (10-20)

Stone Arrow = Damage Multiplier 2    (20-40)

Steel Arrow = Damage Multiplier 3     (30-60)

Another problem is even if I set the projectile ammo to a specific color, Ex: Red Arrows. When I shoot a bow with red arrows it only shoots out normal brown arrows :/ 

If you can (hopefully) address these 2 issues it would be wonderful to have an event listener specifically for ammo (bullets and arrows) so that if for example I use a "Frost Arrow" I can slow my enemies, but if I use a "Fire Arrow" it will then burn the target.

Many thanks,

Igor

• Upvote 2

2 replies to this bug / suggestion

i have  been   trying  to dispose   a leopard  hiding in a tree with a  crossbow.  I have  hit  him 20  times! ...and he is still there,  growling at me.

Ever since the o.12  update,   the crossbow  seems to have lost  its  effect as a ranged weapon.

ha ha    an  edit  .. I had the crossbow,  not the leopard!   If  BI   ever  equip  leopards  with  crossbows ... we are in deep trouble! :)

Edited by kimbuck

I like this.

Maybe it also might be worth considering introducing Alchemy into this?

The potion making element of Ylands is a wonderful part of the game. But it could be so much better! Maybe 'treating' ranged projectiles with certain potions/poisons could improve gameplay.

Arrows treated with a 'potion of abundance' would cause wild animals to drop double the loot on death?  (Just a ballpark thought! ;) ).