Sign in to follow this  
Igor Q.

Ability to input custom controls or acquire driving wheel inputs.

Hello

With the introduction to the new animation system, I wanted to be able to do some possible games involving giant animals, robots, etc. However I need a way to be able to input functions.

Suggestions:

Option A: When a player sits in a specific chair, that chair within it's script can have input commands such as pressing "A" does something.

For example, if a player is on a boat sitting on a specific chair, "WASD" can be used to move, pressing "Q" will fire cannons on the left side of the boat, pressing "E" will fire cannons on the right of the boat.

Option B:  When players grab control of a steering wheel for a boat/car the control commands can be registered in the system. Ex: A steering wheel attached to a "Shark" will have left right be the same, but have the forward/backwards make the shark go up or down in the water. Etc. 

Ideally, I want to link an action (or key press) to an instruction in script.

@Houp

• Upvote 1

Part of it will be probably in 0.14 (you will not be able to possess other objects but you will be able to add your key action for example when you control a ship)

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

I wanted to make something like, having a platform and move it N-S-W-E. Actually I can have levers for diferrent directions. But as IgorQ said, input keys would be cool. I would just use WASD to move. I know I can make a custom command like //move north, etc but it doesn't feel "obvious". 

Anyway, lot of things to be fixed first for MP, but this would be awesome

?