Sign in to follow this  
Arktic_P1

Creating Custom clothing

I need helping finding a work around for the moment, but the problem I have is the armor available in the game doesn't fit the look I want, which is a modern soldier garb, so what I've tried already to do is group clothing and other items together and placing it over the npc. The problem with this is that the npc standing animation clips through the helmet and armor. I want to be able to apply modified armor onto an npc to solve the problem.Would this be possible? or at least add more modern clothing sets. Any other ideas on how to solve the problem?

Untitled.jpg.03c35a0260fac6a57c2354b766174d91.jpgYlands_190708_134607.thumb.png.d3ac3fcbc0f51f07dce0bf1039e2cccd.png

Edited by Arktic_P1

One workaround you could do is animate the armor so it moves with the npcs animation. That would probably be time consuming to do though.

2 minutes ago, Shadow72 said:

One workaround you could do is animate the armor so it moves with the npcs animation. That would probably be time consuming to do though.

I'll see what I could do about that, but yeah that would take some time, thanks for the suggestion...

Just now, Arktic_P1 said:

I'll see what I could do about that, but yeah that would take some time, thanks for the suggestion...

If you do go down that road what i suggest is make the animation logic not tied to a specific set of armor, so if you want to later on make a new set of armor you can use the existing animation logic for both sets of armor.

• Thanks 1

How Do I stop the ai from targeting me? I got the animation down, but the npc keeps turning to look at me.

23 minutes ago, Arktic_P1 said:

How Do I stop the ai from targeting me? I got the animation down, but the npc keeps turning to look at me.

If i remember correctly there should be a checkbox in the npcs options that allows you to turn it off. Im not sure if its still in the game though. If its not what you could do is have a loop that sets the rotation of the armor to the npcs current rotation.