kimbuck

Ylands keeps timing out after 5+ mins of trying to load

Question

First of all,  i ave checked  my internet ..its  running OK   no issues there

I have run  malwarenytes,  Crapcleaner, Bitdefender optimizer  to clean out  any rubbish.

I have  heaps of   os  space and   2 TB  external  drive  so plenty of   space...

And Ylands  used to work .....reasonably

Yesterday the game   lagged badly .  building  blocks  took over 3 minutes to harden ...  you  used a hammer to remove  something and  nothing  happened .....3   minutes later  over half of what you  built  disappeared  with the hammer  destruct sound ..often   soem doistance  away from where you were working

Another player  started complaining in chat that work stations were not working..  and  cooked  food or  processed ores  were only  available form a workstaion after it  extinguished

Moving  around  was like a  old  1920 Charlie  Chaplin movie with the camera  operated by  someone  suffering an epileptic  fit ... stop  start ...whizz  stop   s-l-o-w-    stop  wizzz...   

Building became impossible.

Today ...  5  attempts  at logging in ....  all failed at either   loading buildings or    building water  after  4 minutes ...

So a restart  took place ....   after  2 more attempts  at  6 minutes of watching  that  pie thing  move a pixel at a time .. then have a fit ...then stop ... with a time out message   i gave up!

Tried to log out and  got the log out screen  for about  90  seconds as it   wondered what to do with Ylands

That's  it  for  today!

So frustrated after 4  days of  hard work  that i am going off to play  something  else until  game  improves .

Logs  attached  ...seems to be a mp/server issue  and not  my system  as others have  the  same  experience but apparently gave up on reporting.

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

13 replies to this bug / suggestion

Beggar for  punishment ....

Have tried 5 times  to  get in  same result.

checked   firewall,  antivirus,  cleaned out surplus  files,  and  viewed task-manager..only    things running are steam   discord  and  av/firewall  which  are ok:

No go   .

What happens is  game  downloads and unpacks within 30 seconds..   builds terrain then goes to recalling buildings ... gets to 80% the   stops ... and  slowly  drags  up to 100% and  stops  for a minute. The  get  the oceans message as a quick flash,,and the  screen  freezes... the  wheelie  moves in fits and starts  for a couple of  bits  and then  stops  for about 15  seconds...

eventually there's a  time out  or  connection lost message.

Same result every time   and yes ..... the server has  been rest

Others  have obviously  had similar issues  but  gave up on reporting

on logging out  the  system  takes  ages  ..  Other non  BI games? ......    no issues!

Log  files    attached for your amusement

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

Thamk you for the output_logs, I'll give them to our team on Monday. This is really weird and we're going to jump right on it. Seems it's a combination of issues, because at first it sounds like 

but then this should disappear after the reset and that you now also have trouble just getting into the game itself is completely new. Well I'll get the team on it on Monday and hopefully we can come up with something fast. 

• Thanks 1

Ok im not a dev but I can help. It looks like actually u are using a pirated version of the game. plase buy the game and then ur issue will be fixed. thank you.

• Haha 2

hahah  not pirated  ;)  

i do not stoop that low  

And if it was pirated then they would have told me  1270 posts ago

Does Bi sell pirated  copies?    as they say in Aust "don't  come the raw prawn  with me,  matey" ..and if it is pirated .. then i want my money back!

And thanks for the reply Adam ..

also we have  Jchobs   BBcakes and MyPa55enger  from P1 gaming also trying things out to see what's the cause. Do not  be surprised if a Red-sea...oops  eagle   arrives  with   information etc   

For the record, i am one of the P1 gamers  and  provide feedback to help the game.

And  to someone  i will not name, please  have  enough expertise  to identify a pirated  game from a  legit game before you toss out accusations. I see a big  fail there. You need to be able to tell your  brass  from your  oboe", as another  musician advised me  :)

PS: The P1 Eu server access was attempted and i got in there  just as easy as i could the  Na1 prior to these issues. (So cut out  the pirated  accusation rubbish)

Note - that this happened after there were major lag issues the previous  day, with  failed workstations etc . Another player  had same issues.  I have  checked the validity of the yland  files ..and  they came  up ok.

We are wondering  if there was some issue earlier  when all that lag etc  hit .. that may have sent the map bonkers. Others  can log in but they experience a  similar  drop of   at the "recalling buildings" screen

We are currently  waiting  for others  in P1  gaming who  are playing   the NA1 server  who have  been away to return and see what they experience.

Edited by kimbuck
  • Like 1

I tried to pull this into editor, and I can't get it to open. So I don't know if that is by design that we can't edit this file type once it's launched?  I used to be able to, but haven't been able to for a while.  I assumed corrupted files on past attempts.  I'm not sure what to think of it now.

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

output_log_userscript.txt

@ Zarwil     .. Noted and hugs to all

After 20 attempts of all types to get into the game   patience was at a premium.

Regarding pirated games ...  Ylands  doesn't  need them, and i am very much  anti -piracy  as i have seen it kill many thing, not just computer stuff. so  hence  my  arrogant huff and puff!

Visit in game and i will  give  you a free  iron ingot  ;0   all yours  to  cuddle and  keep  :)

meanwhile we search  for answers ...  ;)

• Like 1

Well after consulting the bug team, it seems this should be also connected to the infamous https://ylands.com/community/topic/25272-yld-11416-servers-grow-in-lag-crash-freeze-require-wipe/#comment-78010

We are going to try and fix this as soon as possible after 0.14 ? But this one is the biggie, so might take some time to get the perfect result we're looking for.

Hi   Adam ..  the  0.14 seems to  have corrected it for me ... but its a  3 to  5  minute wait  while  it  logs in  from the game menu...   and also  sometimes its a  4 minute  wait to get back to the  games screen when logging out.

Thanks for the update. I'll try and find out, if this loading problem is the same as in the link above or something unique. Could you maybe post here the new output_logs as they are now? So we have the 'freshest' info to go on.

For science, I am including the P1 NA restart logs.  Please note that these do not include the daily scheduled maintenance restarts.  These are players pinging the admin staff because they can't get on, or because the the game just isn't playing right.  Please note, that my now 6 day old file is unplayable.  And I really don't know what to do about it.  Putting a new standard explore game  deletes their progress.   I have a new map ready for them.  It is an editor explore style map.  But I do not see any way to upload it to our nitrado server.

Attached you will also find the P1 NA Nitrado  most recent logs, I do have access to older ones if you need them. 

These are four days worth. Since 0.14 dropped. 

info    Sep 9, 2019, 3:32:48 PM    RedEagleP1    Server: Server restarted.
info    Sep 9, 2019, 2:16:22 AM    bbcakes    Server: Server restarted.
info    Sep 9, 2019, 2:13:49 AM    bbcakes    Filebrowser: Uploaded a new file "SessionSave.ylandsgame" to "/games/ni1427091_1/ftproot//ylands".
info    Sep 9, 2019, 2:11:49 AM    bbcakes    Filebrowser: Uploaded a new file "SessionSave.ylandsgame" to "/games/ni1427091_1/ftproot//ylands".
info    Sep 9, 2019, 1:58:01 AM    bbcakes    Server: Server stopped.
info    Sep 9, 2019, 1:39:40 AM    RedEagleP1    Server: Server restarted.
info    Sep 8, 2019, 8:23:15 PM    bbcakes    Server: Server restarted.
info    Sep 8, 2019, 8:09:58 PM    bbcakes    Server: Server stopped.
info    Sep 8, 2019, 7:49:28 AM    MyPa553ng3r    Server: Server restarted.
info    Sep 8, 2019, 7:32:11 AM    MyPa553ng3r    Server: Server restarted.
info    Sep 8, 2019, 12:08:30 AM    bbcakes    Server: Server restarted.
info    Sep 7, 2019, 10:42:47 PM    bbcakes    Server: Server restarted.
info    Sep 7, 2019, 12:05:21 PM    MyPa553ng3r    Server: Server restarted.
info    Sep 7, 2019, 6:38:11 AM    bbcakes    Server: Server restarted.
info    Sep 7, 2019, 6:37:38 AM    bbcakes    Server: Server restarted.
info    Sep 7, 2019, 1:20:55 AM    bbcakes    Server: Server restarted.
info    Sep 7, 2019, 1:20:27 AM    bbcakes    Server: Server restarted.
info    Sep 6, 2019, 1:24:52 PM    MyPa553ng3r    Server: Server restarted.
info    Sep 6, 2019, 10:03:52 AM    MyPa553ng3r    Server: Server restarted.
info    Sep 6, 2019, 6:03:20 AM    bbcakes    Server: Server restarted.
info    Sep 6, 2019, 6:02:36 AM    bbcakes    Filebrowser: Uploaded a new file "SessionSave.ylandsgame" to "/games/ni1427091_1/ftproot//ylands".
info    Sep 6, 2019, 6:01:40 AM    bbcakes    Server: Server restarted.
info    Sep 6, 2019, 6:01:37 AM    bbcakes    Server: Server restarted.
info    Sep 6, 2019, 6:01:02 AM    bbcakes    Filebrowser: Uploaded a new file "P1 0.14 NA 090519.B.ylandsgame" to "/games/ni1427091_1/ftproot//ylands".
info    Sep 6, 2019, 5:52:55 AM    bbcakes    Server: Server stopped.
info    Sep 5, 2019, 4:59:42 AM    bbcakes    Server: Server restarted.
info    Sep 5, 2019, 4:58:31 AM    bbcakes    Filebrowser: Uploaded a new file "SessionSave.ylandsgame" to "/games/ni1427091_1/ftproot//ylands".
info    Sep 5, 2019, 4:58:11 AM    bbcakes    Filebrowser: Deleted the file or directory "/games/ni1427091_1/ftproot/ylands/SessionSave.ylandsgame".
info    Sep 5, 2019, 4:48:38 AM    bbcakes    Server: Server stopped.
info    Sep 5, 2019, 4:26:55 AM    bbcakes    Server: Server restarted.
info    Sep 5, 2019, 4:25:56 AM    bbcakes    Filebrowser: Uploaded a new file "SessionSave.ylandsgame" to "/games/ni1427091_1/ftproot//ylands".
info    Sep 5, 2019, 4:25:19 AM    bbcakes    Server: Server stopped.
info    Sep 5, 2019, 4:23:18 AM    bbcakes    Filebrowser: Uploaded a new file "SessionSave.ylandsgame" to "/games/ni1427091_1/ftproot//ylands".
info    Sep 5, 2019, 4:12:00 AM    bbcakes    Server: Server stopped.

log.txt

log_clean.txt