bojo2736

We Need A Photo Mode

Question

No matter how I try, there is always some game text showing.  I am an amateur photographer in real life.  I tend to want to photograph in my games as well.  We need a photo option that takes all text away.  Please? Pretty please? 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Downvote 1

14 replies to this bug / suggestion

And now that I think of it, an easy way to make short videos ingame. Without the need of additional programs.  As this game goes live, I can see how some people might want to make machinimas or short stories with it.  It is a big thing within The Sims community.  Some people only play to tell stories. 

• Downvote 1

Well in Editor mode (and in Explore I think also) you can turn off nametags in settings. Also you can get rid of the UI using the ; key (though I am using a Czech keyboard, so it may be different). And with the command /freecamera you can fly about making screenshots. In the future we'll definitely be looking into ways of making this easier and intuitive (maybe with a camera item?) but let me know, if this helped. Or if not, what text keeps appearing?

I can take pictures.  But name tags still show up.  And after the first one, you get the tags of where the file went.  This should be built in.  Not everyone is script person, and doesn't want to have to be.    Often I am just capturing images as I play, just like IRL.  I don't want to have to build a game to get photos. 

In Sims, there is a camera command.  It gives you a clean shot. It also has a video option.   

• Downvote 1

The chat takes a while to disappear completely. A beautiful pic must be taken on the moment :)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

This could be a great shot.  But I had to grab it on the fly, I didn't have time to hit ~,  and even if i did, it would have had the save path text on it.  

Ylands_190901_125219.png

• Like 1
  • Downvote 1

And in SP a pause option could be nice.  It would allow better framing for pictures. 

• Downvote 1

Another example, although I disable the interface, we have to wait several seconds

20190823154612_1.thumb.jpg.492a8d068d3b38b1434f9cfa5d70ff8d.jpg

• Upvote 1

The chat thing drives me also crazy, so I'll gladly follow that up ? I have also filed all the suggestions and will ask about them (though this I'm afraid won't be top priority right now, but something I'll keep reminding Aleš ?)

• Like 1

Thanks, I do know there are other priorities.  But a wise man once said, you have not because you asked not.  

• Like 2
  • Downvote 1

Is it possible to place the /freecamera in a key binding? I would love to have just a keystroke to place the camera into free mode and also to remove all text and UI.