RedEagle_P1.

P1 Building Competition! #10 - The City Grows!

e72d25230013de5417b0882ea26b87e1.png

Overview: 

Build a city building, win a prize! 

The Idea: 

Everyone builds something related to a city then we pull all the items together in one big server for all of us to enjoy! Part 3! 

Rather than a strong competition, any builds in the top 50% in quality enter to win a prize. Claim your preferred building, only one person can do one building type. 

The Contest:

1) Choose a non-residential, normally found in a city

2) Reply to this topic with the building you choose!

3) Build it

4) Upload to workshop & link it here

5) I will judge the builds. All builds in the top 50% have a random chance of winning one of the prizes: 

Prizes:
1st place: 3k Coyns

2nd: 2k

3rd: 1k

3 total prizes given at random to people in the top 50% of builds. 

b233de024baf8e1ea833e9404303b0ce.gif

Example buildings: 

Bank

Taxi Stand

Police Station

Market

Bus Stop

Mall

DMV

Court

Hotel

Power Station

Info & Tourism 

University/High School Etc. 

Kids park. 

Sports facility

Water treatment facility & pumps

Restaurant 

Railroad

So far we have: 

Ylandium Store

Cloths Store

Car Showrooms (2x)

School

University 

Bike shop

Tennis court

Bakery

Lego Store

Roads

Parking Lots

Deadline: 1 week from posting, to the min. 

>> How to get started: <<

The moment you see this reply:

I am in!

Do this if you are considering joining, its not a commitment to join for good. 

Judging criteria: 

1) How good does the build look?

2) Would it work in a city (connect to a parking lot, sidewalk etc.) 

3) Feel free to add a service-related car if relevant. 

Note: No need to go over-the-top, just have fun :D High chances of winning even if its not perfect. 

Rules/Legal:

No purchase needed, submissions outside the deadline do not count. Coyns have no real-world value but are bought in game for about 3-5 USD per 1000. So the value of prizes is about $30. I cannot win the prize myself... clearly and I will choose the winner based on the "judging criteria." Discord use not needed. P1 does not represent Bohemia Interactive and/or Ylands. Direct any concerns our way. BI is just doing the prizes. You MAY enter content not already uploaded to the workshop that you made BEFORE this contest started if you want. 

FAQ:

Can I submit more than one build? 

Yes but you can only win one prize max. 

Can I make my build together with a team: 

Yes but only one person on the team can be given the prize. 

How big should it be?

That depends on what you are building. There is a block-limit so don't make it massive but 1/2 of life-size is a good ballpark. Put down a human man in editor to ensure realism maybe? 

Edited by RedEagle_P1.

About the server progress: 

I'm really passionate about city roleplay and me and @MyPa553ng3r have done a lot of work to build a system with 8 major roles: 

Carpenter/
Logger

Tailor/
Hunter

Electrician

Artist 

Engineer/
Naval Engineer/
Taxi 

Forager/
Farmer/
Cook

Smith/
Bench Crafter 

Mason

All these role/careers have different abilities and are meant to sustain your income entirely. 

Sadly, when building the server we ran into the limits of Ylands in its current state. Therefore, I'm refocussing this as a long-term project, something to be launched once the game is ready for it. Are major issues right now are that when there's a lag spike certain logics don't work. This makes certain buildings unexitable and people may get stuck. 

Those are minor issues however, and we plan to press forward for now with the aim of launching post-release of Ylands. 

In the mean time we are submitting our assets to the big Tencent competition in one big city with a hope that we win :D 

Our hope is to build an awesome server community in which people have a home, work together, trade goods, etc. A community of people having fun, serving each other and meeting/integrating new people on the way. 

Here are some screenshots of stuff in the city: 

2019-09-02_192718.thumb.png.283ab2e9475179ff09cda0c383e21772.png

2019-09-02_131006.thumb.png.47171670857dddea7065c5f8a6c0074b.png

2019-08-31_161033.thumb.png.68683f8914b46468bdc434e0e99fbcc4.png

2019-09-02_193310.thumb.png.b1cb392fa35f6ce3ac0724066fb7a5cb.png

2019-09-02_130117.thumb.png.f666f6d9e3ab575f0c2c4ae921b877c9.png

Edited by RedEagle_P1.
  • Like 1

45 minutes ago, zarwil said:

I am in

claiming mall

Awesome :D Love your skills, look forward to what you are going to make! 

What is your general gameplan, a mall is no small feat.  

Edited by RedEagle_P1.

@RedEagle_P1. I have a concept of a nice exterior, and im gonna go from there really xD 

Not sure about what to do with store spaces. Might implement a few stores and cafes and leave the rest "closed" and available for others to start their own business in the future, if that's possible.

Thinking small-mid sized mall with two floors.

48 minutes ago, zarwil said:

@RedEagle_P1. I have a concept of a nice exterior, and im gonna go from there really xD 

Not sure about what to do with store spaces. Might implement a few stores and cafes and leave the rest "closed" and available for others to start their own business in the future, if that's possible.

Thinking small-mid sized mall with two floors.

Having open spaces would actually likely work with out plan, in that we could maybe make them rentable :D