Miguel Preguisa

Misleading info about mobile Ylands

This is what the page about update 0.14 has to say about porting the game to mobiles:

"You can expect the same Ylands experience on mobiles that you have on desktop. We are still experiencing with the best way to deliver certain mechanics, but we are treating this platform just as seriously as we do desktops.

Our goal is that you can pick your Ylands game up on your phone, where you've left it off on your desktop."

There's a few informations in this that I would call misleading. It has been stated that in the mobile version of the game, there would be no Explore scenario. And no Editor either. Which leaves us with games specialy made for the mobile. Which, if I understood correctly recent posts from creators, have a number of limitations.

Half of the Ylands game now is the Explore. The other half is the Editor. There's a bunch of custom made games, but not that much for me to launch the game just because of them.

No Explore, no Editor, and just some of the few custom games. 

That doesn't sound like the same Ylands experience nor do I think I will be able to pick  my Ylands game up on my phone, where I've left it off on my desktop.

I can see a lot of people disappointed after reading all this and then being presented something way different. 

Edited by Miguel Preguisa
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Downvote 1

Sorry, rewriting post. 

The text editor!! I can't write anything normally! My blood is boiling right now. Same on mobile, same on notebook, same on PC. Three years now.

Why can't I comment in peace.

Edited by Miguel Preguisa
  • Haha 1
  • Downvote 1

The mobile version is still a work in progress and we'd like it to have as many features as possible. And the mobile version will be fully supported and will have a bright future ? In future updates we will though try and be more specific about the capabilities of the mobile platform.

I'm have high hopes for the mobile since I have a razer gaming phone, but I really hope I don't have to buy a 2nd copy of the game... ?

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Igor Q. said:

I'm have high hopes for the mobile since I have a razer gaming phone, but I really hope I don't have to buy a 2nd copy of the game... ?

It's free to play. 

• Thanks 1