steam-76561197990624399

RESOLVED [SUGGESTION] Paint Brush

Question

I totally dig the dye station to recolor stuff. However there is one huge limitation that also doesn't make sense.
The dye station unlocks some time into the game. Usually players already have constructed a (small) shed/house. And the only way you can recolor and customize your house is by breaking it down, recreate the items and paint them before building the house up again.
It is also kind of not making sense as I have repainted the walls in my house a few times, and none of the time I had to deconstruct my bed room completely.

So my suggestion is to create a low tier paint brush that can be used to paint stuff in the world and use the dye station to paint stuff in your inventory opening clothing dying and mass dying of building materials.

• Like 1

2 replies to this bug / suggestion

G'day mate,  I like your suggestion's. They even have items made already that could be used. (see pictures below)
For now you can always build your way through the game to the point where you can make a paint gun which will allow you to change the colours or already made bricks , beams etc.

Ylands_191009_215324.thumb.png.04fe9f46075c0abdd426fe3255c806f9.pngYlands_191009_215400.thumb.png.ae85f84ab157ce7251791f42d8f42fad.png

Happy Ylandin.

It would be really cool to do this, but very difficult to implement. But I added it to the suggestion list but just to be honest, it won't be a priority in the immediate future ? But thank you for the suggestion and I agree, this would be really neat.