Indomitus

RESOLVED [YLD-20854] Indestructible NPCs (when set to no PvP)

Question

My encounters so far with enemy NPCs are impossible to win (and impossible to lose).  I think it is related to the map option of no damage from other players.

This cannibal and I have been swinging at each other for a very long time, and nobody is losing any health.  I even upgraded to an iron mace and an iron sword, and turned on his health bar in the Editor.  He can't hurt me and I can't hurt him, but he'll still chase me around.

Ylands_191128_230946.thumb.png.68eceeca992c410324302d3ab9965ad3.png

• Thanks 1

5 replies to this bug / suggestion

5 hours ago, Indomitus said:

My encounters so far with enemy NPCs are impossible to win (and impossible to lose).  I think it is related to the map option of no damage from other players.

This cannibal and I have been swinging at each other for a very long time, and nobody is losing any health.  I even upgraded to an iron mace and an iron sword, and turned on his health bar in the Editor.  He can't hurt me and I can't hurt him, but he'll still chase me around.

Ylands_191128_230946.thumb.png.68eceeca992c410324302d3ab9965ad3.png

Welp that's a bug. We'll probably manage to reproduce it, but if you by chance get around to trying it again, could you just to be sure send us the output_logs? Cheers ?

I started a new Explore map, this time allowing damage from other players.  Here are the logs from my fight with an NPC (she didn't last long).

And yes, I'm sure the logs will show that I did open it in the editor to remove a few bears that were between my camp and her camp.  I wanted the fight to focus on just the NPC.  This did reveal another interesting effect, though.  I had first tried just moving the bears far away, but they were still triggered to chase me (from all the way across the island) when I entered their original zone.  That should be in these logs as well.

output_log.txt

output_log_clean.txt

• Like 1