bojo2736

Default Day Length 24 Min

Question

I have no idea if this is a bug or planned.  The default game length is 24 min. It used to be 48.  The only way I can see to change it is in the game setup files which aren't available in exploration without going into editor.  I am playing straight vanilla on my SP and 24 minutes is so bad. Please either make it 48 as default as before, or put the command to change it inside the console command list. 

5 replies to this bug / suggestion

We were testing it. The problem we thought would be, that a 24 minute night with all the dangerous animals would be too hardcore, but I talked to Aleš and we'll probably change it back.

Is it possible to give the choice of 24 or 48 minutes when the game is created?  Is it possible to make it so that 1/3 of the cycle is dark and 2/3 is light?

It is much better now that you can see at night. 

38 minutes ago, bojo2736 said:

Is it possible to give the choice of 24 or 48 minutes when the game is created?  Is it possible to make it so that 1/3 of the cycle is dark and 2/3 is light?

It is much better now that you can see at night. 

We'll look into that for a future update but we'll keep it in mind ?

• Thanks 1

Me: Hey look! They put the day length back to 48 min! 

Also me (hiding from mutants): Why is this night so long? Whose idea was this? 

Is it possible to script the day length so the days are 2/3 and the night is 1/3. How would one do this?

Edited by bojo2736
  • Haha 1

3 hours ago, bojo2736 said:

Me: Hey look! They put the day length back to 48 min! 

Also me (hiding from mutants): Why is this night so long? Whose idea was this? 

Is it possible to script the day length so the days are 2/3 and the night is 1/3. How would one do this?

yes, there is a tile controlling day duration that you can change in the morning and in the evening using Time trigger logic.

• Thanks 1