Brbrmensch

some fighting mechanic questions

1. kinda got stuck on basic stuff, like how to make an "on damage trigger"

tried to make it with event listener with "entity on entity damage" event, but i didn't even get how to start anything inside it's script (on damage doesn't seem to do anything and there's no "on trigger" option)

2. how does "friendly fire" option work on roles?

made an aggressive bot and myself with the same roles and it still damages me

3. how to make custom attacks?

figured about custom keybinds, found how to trigger them (with event listener), figured how to make effects, but i didn't find how to add attack itself to it

3.5. also didn't quite figured out how to make cooldown to action - tried to disable script or keybind, but it just didn't seem to work

1. Make sure you check all the conditions

- The event listener will look at the "trigger object" as the one doing damage, and "target object" as the one receiving the damage.

- Make sure you select the right conditions for trigger/target object.

image.png.806a3b2c12b1c21b2e036936324330c6.png

To activate the trigger you will need to click + drag the box to make it usable inside your script. In this example, I click dragged "Trigger Entity", "Amount" and "Target Entity"

image.thumb.png.8f8624ece58737de01d0b3636591b8c5.png

2) You will need to use the "Player Team" logic.

image.png.97948f76c44dd5b6cdbc899c3c8e9e39.png

3) There is no way to "make" custom attacks with animations using the in-game models. Instead you will need to create your own model and use animation tools to make that happen. See here

3.5) Button Commands such as using hotkeys will trigger every time you activate them.

image.png.bd67f8658f7aa2696c198703233edb1d.png

To get a cooldown on them you will need to create a condition effect attached to a time delay.

In the example below I created a variable called "Ability Available?"

image.thumb.png.66bb6954d51dbc890b519f76d5508121.png

• Thanks 1

thank you so much, @Igor Q.!

1. so with this i got stuck with the issue that i can't seem to affect bots, i successfully got your log going, but i also added set velocity (0,10,0) for both target and trigger entity (just to see the actual script working), and it only worked on me (trigger entity). is that because bots\npcs are different entities than players?

2. yeah, the "friendly fire" option i mentioned was of course in team, not in role, with value set to 0 it's still possible

3.5. oh, i tried to disable it by selecting special bind, but with variable it worked. great!