Question

Hello! I just want to start off saying that I'm a huge survival/sandbox/open world game fanatic. I purchased the game a couple years back and I've just recently picked it back up. I've taken a dive into the editor and I'm currently creating an open world experience and it's very fun! One small characteristic about the game that I dislike is that it's 3rd person only. There are very few games that I enjoy playing that are 3rd person only. To me a 1st person game is much more immersive to my experience. Last night I was testing the world I was creating and realized pressing "C" brought my character to an immobile 1st person mode. I have to say the game had an entirely better feel and was very good looking in first person. I'd imagine developing a  first person mode for the game wouldn't be an easy task, but is it possible? The only reason I see it being an issue is the animations that take place during combat and rolling. If the camera snaps out of 1st into 3rd person during these animations I wouldn't be bothered by it.  I think the game just like any other can feel like an entirely different experience if there is a 1st person mode implemented. I think this IP has a ton of potential, but it loses that immersion it needs because of the 3rd person perception.  Now I'm probably not the only person to bring this up, but if it matters myself and my friends would like to know if this could ever be added. Thank you!  

Edited by OneDeage

3 replies to this bug / suggestion

There used to be a 1st person mode, but it was very time consuming making everything works both for 1st and 3rd person, so we had to take it out. We are discussing ways to put it back in, but if it's done, we want to do it properly (which will take time). Thank you for the feedback.

• Like 1

Full time first person does exist. It is unsupported, so if you have problems with it, don't bother reporting.

I think the command is /fpscam enable.

To turn it off /fpscam disable.

I think it's listed under /cmdlist.

@Adam Snellgrove maybe it's time for a FAQ sticky topic?

• Like 2