Deadeye_Rob

Armour variants/skins

Question

Hey guys!

When I’m not feeling in the mood to explore as a Victorian pioneer, I used to enjoy striding new sands as a Renaissance Conquistador!

Sadly I’ve noticed that all former skins for weapons and armour cannot be crafted in the Exploration Mode.

Would it be possible to reintroduce them as separate craftable alternatives to the standard iron armour? This would be a simple change that would bring some more diversity to Exploration. Diversity that is greatly needed. :)

thanks guys!

Rob

4 replies to this bug / suggestion

1 hour ago, Deadeye_Rob said:

Hey guys!

When I’m not feeling in the mood to explore as a Victorian pioneer, I used to enjoy striding new sands as a Renaissance Conquistador!

Sadly I’ve noticed that all former skins for weapons and armour cannot be crafted in the Exploration Mode.

Would it be possible to reintroduce them as separate craftable alternatives to the standard iron armour? This would be a simple change that would bring some more diversity to Exploration. Diversity that is greatly needed. :)

thanks guys!

Rob

These skins and armours are all available in Exploration, but only through getting them in Encounters. Making them a bit rare, but that is as intended ?

8 hours ago, Adam Snellgrove said:

...getting them in Encounters. Making them a bit rare, but that is as intended ?

Oh I’ve stumbled upon a few in my travels, and I agree there is an element of achievement from obtaining these. However I do believe that the feeling of restriction within a sandbox environment is definitely present enough to warrant a rethink maybe?

Perhaps these rare variants could be obtained in the form of a crafting unlock? Or maybe the ability to craft item variants could be enabled/disabled prior to starting a new game?

Just my thoughts on the matter. I would love to have this considered.

I'm inclined to agree.  It's fun to find a rare variant in some random encounter, but some of those encounters are a little too random for the level of items you find there.  Many times, I'll find a RE only to find out that anything they have there would be a downgrade for me at that point.  (Case in point:  Yesterday, I had iron armor already before finding the camps that had Raider Armor.  In a brand new map.)

Personally, I prefer the rare finds to be a bit more special, equal to the achievement of the find.  Say, for example, a special sword that's been buffed and is stronger than anything I can craft.

Meanwhile, regular arms and armor are better suited to either more common RE, or just unlockable recipes.

• Upvote 2