Sign in to follow this  
samazia

Exploration mode too small

The price to play exploration from early access was raised in price, and now the map sizes are extremely tiny. This completely ruins the mode for me I can get to every island in a matter of  30 mintues.

• Upvote 1

If you had it in early access, you should not have to pay for the exploration DLC.  But, yeah, the islands are too small, too few and ships are pointless now.

I remember Adam said they are planning to make them bigger again, in the future. Then I'm surely will be back ?

It was changed because the engine couldn't quite keep up with it being that size, and the file sizes were getting out of control.  I'm really hoping they'll be able to optimize it well enough to allow larger maps again.

7 hours ago, Oni-220355d79b1eaeef said:

dont see why is was switched in the first place, considering it was already that way but I believe you can still download those old maps...

I think you will find they either don't work at all or not like you think they will. 

I can't wait for a new map Exploration related update.  Because I am a nomad stereotype or something,  I like to bring my base with me.  I don't like to settle down,  I like to explore on and on, racking up resources and weaponry to combat other players at sea or at land.  Because of the infinite map I want in the game,  I would find infinite resources and be able to craft so many explosive barrels for sea combat.

On 4/11/2020 at 1:22 PM, Hunter-Over-Fire said:

I can't wait for a new map Exploration related update.  Because I am a nomad stereotype or something,  I like to bring my base with me.  I don't like to settle down,  I like to explore on and on, racking up resources and weaponry to combat other players at sea or at land.  Because of the infinite map I want in the game,  I would find infinite resources and be able to craft so many explosive barrels for sea combat.

That is why o stopped playing exploration. I understand why they switched to smaller maps (like Indomitus said). 

I'm a nomad é type too, and smaller maps is not enjoyable for me. That doesn't mean that I don't like how maps are. I just wish they will optimize and put back the bigger worlds we had before. 

I know they will, I trust the team ?

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1