Deadeye_Rob

Game idea - Hateful Eight

Hey guys!

I’m blitzing the forums this week! ?

So I would like to propose a game idea based around the movie: The Hateful Eight.

I won’t bother explaining the film plot in detail. In its most basic narrative, set around the American West; Eight strangers find themselves taking shelter in the same remote cabin lodge. They’re all connected in various ways that don’t get revealed until the end.

What I want to create is a minigame where the objective is simple:

Stay alive until the storm clears.

there is one little issue however;

One of the fellow strangers is a murderer!

A session of the game will last approximately 10 to 20 Minutes with basic environment needs in effect (hunger, cold etc).

At the start of the game, one player is randomly (and secretly) chosen to be the murderer. It will be the murderers role to eliminate the other players using methods that will not raise suspicion against them.

As players will need to maintain hunger and temperature levels, the murderer has a wide range of opportunities to exact death ranging from poisoning food and supplies to sabotage of surroundings.

Scripts could be written to introduce additional environmental needs such as thirst, sleep and even character-specific objectives (such as medicine dependency. If the character doesn’t take a unique medicine every 2 minutes, they will expire or severely debuff).

Victory is achieved when the timer runs down signalling the end of the storm, or if the murderer is exposed and killed.

This would be a great game to play with others, especially involving mic chat. I would imagine that this game would work best in first person mode.

I can design the level and assets/props. I am close to useless however with scripts.

Let me know your thoughts and even if you’d be interested to make this game.

Thanks,

Rob

• Like 1

5 hours ago, Adam Snellgrove said:

This does sound amazing ? Hope it gets made ? Maybe get together with @Jimin Park, he's very talented with scripts ? 

I would love to work on this idea @Deadeye_Rob. Even if I don't, I would play it haha. Sounds fun.