Drasios

Underwater terrain editing

Question

Hi,

So I read the changelog for update 1.4 and I discovered that ingame underwater and apparently also "just above water" terrain editing has been disabled. Well Ylands is a terrific game especially because I can "could ? " create my own Ylands in the water, with dirt attached to wooden logs I placed on the underwater seafloor one atop the other until they reached the surface (little Venice). So I would like to ask and suggest very urgently if it is possible to reactivate underwater and especially  "just above water" terrain editing.

Thank you in advance for your answer.

• Upvote 1

3 replies to this bug / suggestion

I’m assuming/seriously hoping that this is a temporary change in light of the next major update.

Currently it’s a pain in the arse, especially as if my ship runs aground I’m pretty much screwed. Originally I would have to dig my way out.

Ive also noticed that they’ve removed the ability to craft pretty much all firearms except a few Zirconium ones.

34 minutes ago, Adam Snellgrove said:

It will be re-enabled in the Editor with 1.4.1.

Is the "it" in reference to the firearms or the underwater terrain editing?  Presumably, the underwater terrain editing, since crafting is done outside of the editor.

How does one do underwater terrain editing outside of the editor?  The example given of a ship running aground is not an unusual occurrence, and with the projected exploration expansion in 1.5, it is only going to get worse.  I can appreciate the underwater terrain editing being improved in the editor in 1.4.1 but explorers also need (at a minimum) a way to dislodge ships that have run aground, and ideally a way to expand in-game creation to cross the surface of the water - as is often seen in most piers and docks.

Edited by belrathius
improved reference to "it".