kimbuck

Multiple server maintenance shutdowns destroying this game

Question

65 replies to this bug / suggestion

This is all exactly what has been happening to me. All the time outs, and long load times. Also getting weird Unity error messages in editor that suddenly close the game. Have been forced to use task manager a few times to close the game also....only when the unity error or task manager closes the game, I have no output logs.

Edited by spiritchaser28

On 9/30/2020 at 12:58 AM, kimbuck said:

Logged in at  8:30  my time  finally  got in at  8:35 am,

8:55 am    server  maintenance shut  down

Logs attached ..  expect many many  more posts like this today

output_log_clean.txt

output_log.txt

And it specifically was the Server Maintenance shut down message or the time out message?

Just now, spiritchaser28 said:

This is the sort of error message I am seeing in editor with Unity. 

Could you please screenshot the message when you get it and after it happens send us the output_logs please? You can find them here: \Program Files(86)\Steam\steamapps\common\Ylands\Ylands_Data

Adam ---  after  30 sept   the   messages became  time out   messages.

New day   new  game   clean map ...new start ..

1 hour in ... disconnected  due to timeout?

Screen  froze on that  message  ..had to  re boot  system to  get out.

Tried to rejoin....  game  hung on rejoin .... couldn't get into even the   lobby.

(sighs  loudly ... )      i am better of   wasting  my  time  doing  something...anything else..

logs?  couldn't get back into  game  ..that   eternal  slow  moving  wheel thingamy gets  annoying.

@here Has anyone experienced the "Connection Lost" issue again in the past week or so? The backend guys did change something, so this issue shouldn't be occurring anymore. But want to make sure and if it does, find out, why this time ?

I got a "connection timeout" from Journey to the 12 Kingdoms, YWD Server 1 earlier today and didn't really think anything of it. I was able to log back in immediately. Is that the message you mean, @Adam Snellgrove? I can start grabbing my output logs for those as well ?

5 hours ago, ocnoglittle said:

I got a "connection timeout" from Journey to the 12 Kingdoms, YWD Server 1 earlier today and didn't really think anything of it. I was able to log back in immediately. Is that the message you mean, @Adam Snellgrove? I can start grabbing my output logs for those as well ?

Yes please do ?

10 hours ago, Adam Snellgrove said:

Yes please do ?

Because this error message doesn't close the whole game, do I need to close the game before copying the output logs?

15 hours ago, ocnoglittle said:

Because this error message doesn't close the whole game, do I need to close the game before copying the output logs?

Nope.

• Thanks 1

Adam ,,2 days  ago i got a "connection timeout" message   and  then  couldn't  re connect ... when i did ...all my game progress was lost. .    the map showed all the islabds   with   ?   as unecplored, and i could  not  find  any of the islands i had visited ...it was asking me to start  as if for the first  time...except i had no Protection Barrier

I got bac in by being invited to someone's game/server and   when i  arrived i had my ship intact  plus  all the  stores on it .. but  alas...  searching around i found only2  islands  that were  near my original island ,,,  but it and  all others   were "unreachable".

currently i am loathe to start  building anything  grand  ...in case i  lose it all again..

• Thanks 1

13 minutes ago, kimbuck said:

,2 days  ago i got a "connection timeout"

We made some changes, so hoped it'd be fixed. If it happens again, would you send us your output_logs please? ???

• Thanks 1