ocnoglittle

DEV ANSWER [YLD-29887] Tamed Animals Disappearing

Question

In new Exploration on my home map, I attached a couple goats, horses, and sheep to some animal pens in a blueprint-constructed barn, and 2 minutes later, they were gone. I could no longer see them attached to the animal pen (seeing the animals themselves, or within the animal pen menu, or within the animal section of the radial menu). I also had some chopped down trees (wood, resin, etc) laying around nearby if that could have caused lag, or something. I tried to tame some new animals, and it wouldn't let me pick up the bait. It just said failed. I did not think to get output logs for this. I tried restarting the game, hoping they would reappear but they didn't. I then rode some other animals into the barn without attaching them to an animal pen.

Ylands_201226_155038.thumb.png.8289afa77fe5dfdb9bf48d20d3597001.png

Two of them also disappeared around the time I tamed 2 sheep and I grabbed the output logs.

Ylands_201226_155341.thumb.png.c3d38d337139590b6082aa5b332f7c24.png

These last three seemed to be more stable and haven't disappeared yet. The goat had been ridden into the barn, but I left the two sheep outside.

output_log_clean.txt

output_log.txt

2 replies to this bug / suggestion

Issue was mitigated a lot since then but it can still happen if animal is placed into modified terrain, this can cause unexpected de-penetration corner case and animal will fall through terrain, not sure if it will be ever fixed so it is recommended to never assign animals in dig up holes.