spiritchaser28

Items disappearing.

Question

Ok this is a hard one to pinpoint. I had some elven armor and a few weapons in a cabinet on my ship. I had painted the armor. It had remained in the cabinet for a couple weeks. I checked occasionally.

Anyhow, I was in the process of building another ship and claimed it, then was going about the process of moving things off of the first ship and everything in the cabinet was gone. It was one of those overhead kitchen cabinets. 

I asked on discord if something like this had occurred to other players, and Ocnog mentioned she had a seed box and everything else disappear out of one of her cabinets as well. I asked if there was anything special about the seed box and she mentioned she had painted it as well. 

So I'm not sure what caused this glitch, the item being painted in the cabinet made it different, or the ship being unclaimed also could have caused it to happen, or maybe it was the cabinet itself causing the error, or maybe it's an entirely different issue caused by entirely different circumstances.

I don't have the log outputs because it is also hard to pinpoint exactly when the items vanished.

Normally when I encounter a glitch I want to determine what caused it...but in this case I don't want to try to test out my theories because it may mean losing more items in the process of testing it out LOL.

Just thought I would give the devs a heads up to this mystery. Those are the only clues I can think of at the moment.

Edited by spiritchaser28

4 replies to this bug / suggestion

I didn't do a bug report for this one, because I wasn't sure what exactly happened.

I lost some of my containers (pigment jar, seed box, soil container, etc). As Spirit mentioned, I had dyed the seed box. I never claimed a different boat, but I did go to quite a few maps. My cabinet was different:

1293536_WoodenCabinetContainer7.png.bd4070d32c2c37f2e07b4d35c082f051.png

I kept moving them back and forth from a specific chest in my house to that cabinet on my boat. When I couldn't find it, I assumed I left them in the chest in my house. I have since searched all my cabinets, and it isn't anywhere. My new theory was that I died and dropped them somewhere, since I haven't experienced any missing items on my boat since then. But now that Spirit experienced missing items too... ?‍♀️

• Like 1

Yeah as I said before...it's hard to pinpoint exactly when it happened or what caused it. Lots of circumstances could  have caused it. It's hard to figure because you don't notice it is missing until you look in the container. It's like the Schroedinger's cat of Ylands.

• Haha 2