Deadeye_Rob

Suggestion- PVP bounty contracts.

Question

Not my usual subject of suggestion so please forgive me for what I’m about to suggest!

Is there someone out there you want dead? Some griefer or rival? How about taking a contract out on them?

If my suggestion is implemented, then Players will have the ability to search someone on the social tab, and place a bounty on their head. Placing a bounty will require the player to pay a sum of gold which will be transferred to the first person to kill the target.

Players/bounty hunters who ‘accept’ the bounty will have access to a list of other bounty hunters who have also accepted.

Accepting the bounty will also highlight the location of the target with out him/her knowing that you’re coming.

Players who have had a bounty placed on their heads will be aware of it, but won’t know who is actively hunting them.

Hows that for a suggestion guys? How feasible do you all think this is? I’m taking into account that targets won’t always be online or in multiplayer accessible worlds of course. But it adds a little tension to the game. :) 

3 replies to this bug / suggestion

That is pretty gnarly ? But it is a cool feature. Probably not something that will be possible in the next few updates, but I'll suggest it to the designers and they will mull it over. 

Though you could just "issue" a bounty on someone else manually. In that, you'll tell someone the other players name and promise him a reward for taking him down. Like in the real world...yikes, turned dark really quickly ?

• Like 1

It's definitely "Gnarly" as Adam said....but it could be interesting...seems like only a small niche would do it

I've had to deal with many griefers....but vengeance and bounties isn't on my list of things I want to see. That being said, I can relate to those that want it

Personally I won't be a bounty hunter....

But hey if some people want to do it....I won't stop them

Edited by spiritchaser28

It's a feature I've seen whilst playing the Avorion, a space-based survival game. I was also inspired by the Wanted Posters found in random encounters!

Whilst you could make a manual declaration on a format like the forums, there would be no guarantee that a hunter has fulfilled his objective.

It's a big suggestion and definitely one for the 'pipe-line'. It's more of a brainstorming idea to get the social/antisocial element of the game going. It would surely mark out known griefers and pirates! =D

• Like 1