zarwil

Suggestion: More challenging biomes and fun themes

Question

In my opinion, the game isn't very challenging at the moment. As soon as you build a propeller pack, you are effectively invincible. I'd suggest you either include ylands with even higher difficulty levels, and/or introduce new biomes which have different themes and are generally more difficult. I'm sure this is already in your plans, but I have some specific ideas:

I recognize that just upping the damage threshold of enemies isn't the best way of going about things, since that will just result in bullet spunges, but you could introduce unique weaknesses to some enemy types in various biomes which mean you will have a difficult time in that biome until you've managed to craft the items necessary to overcome those enemies. 

One way you could do this is to introduce different bullet types, where each type is more effective against certain enemies. Instead of introducing new weapons, you just need to make a new type of bullet for specific biomes/enemies.

One specific theme of biome I'd love to see is a Jurassic Park / Dinosaur themed biome with dense jungles. I think that could allow for some really fun monsters. 

4 replies to this bug / suggestion

I absolutely love the idea of more challenges.  I talked to Adam briefly about the idea of having propeller packs needing batteries....he seemed keen on the idea. I am hoping they use this in the future. It would balance out the use of propeller packs....also it would be awesome if NPCs could use ranged attacks....it would be another great equalizer to propeller pack usage.

I also wish for  higher tier levels beyond level 3. And bring back sharks....yeah I know the old system had buggy flying sharks....so just add wings to them....no need to explain why. You got stone golems, tree golems, giant crab people, wendigos, bigfoot, egyptian gods, atlanteans, elves, and soon Jotunn.....flying sharks isn't that much of a stretch

Edited by spiritchaser28
  • Haha 1

Yes, we are definitely working on fixing things, that don't work at the moment (being able to kill anything if you're standing on a 10cm hill) and balancing certain aspects (propeller pack). We are also working on shooting NPCs which should help a lot. The designers are also thinking of ways of adding an "endgame" (boss, fortress, dungeon, something like that) but that is still a little way off. But also rebalancing the enemies is something they are looking into.

Thanks for the feedback ? 

• Thanks 1

This is everything I want to hear. I know some people just like building and relaxing in a safe sandbox....but I thrive on the challenges and look forward to those NPC bullets zinging past my head....explore now has many options, for the casual and for the diehard survivalists. I know its hard to balance but you guys are on the right path